Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am re locating my puke tk for my vacc pump in the yrunk.
Wjat sixe if mater i should run from the exhaust of the pump to the puke tank

At the eng bay i have a -12 size can i reduse it ??

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
I am re locating my puke tk for my vacc pump in the yrunk.
Wjat sixe if mater i should run from the exhaust of the pump to the puke tank

At the eng bay i have a -12 size can i reduse it ??
If anything I would think you need to make it larger since you are lengthening it. Not smaller.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Wouldn't reducing that hose limit the volume you could pull with the pump? -12 in -10 out might not let you pull the vacuum you want. Just a thought.

Curtis

·
Registered
36 Posts
The hose going down from the vacuum pump and back up to the puke tank has the potential to fill with oil. I would worry about how this might affect the systems performance.

·
The Liquor Makes Me Think
3,154 Posts
How are you going to run the hoses?
Some ppl run them thu the cage.
I’m curious about this setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well i am not to sure yet where an how.
it is for safety issue to have it in the trunk in case of failure it will puke behind all wheels. same for the rad puke tk which i already installed in the trunk.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I also have a consern off having some oil in the lower part off the exhaust line making and obtruction.The exhaust line will not be in a staaight line!
I do see some local dragster with there puke tk all the way upp by there rer spoiler!

·
T/S 368E
30,532 Posts

I've seen that before and it was fine.
I would use the -12 plastic re-enforced hose to save weight.
I haven't done it yet, but I have moved my water bottle into the trunk, also with zero issues!!!

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I've seen that before and it was fine.
I would use the -12 plastic re-enforced hose to save weight.
I haven't done it yet, but I have moved my water bottle into the trunk, also with zero issues!!!

yes this is what i would like to do if it works i will call star to see if the know off some doing this.

·
T/S 368E
30,532 Posts

I can't find the photo's of the guys I saw and was going to copy. They must be on my old photo bucket??
He did it to be 100% safe if they torch something and pressurize the crankcase.
I thought it was a great idea, I already had the water bottle in the trunk, and never even considered the puke tank.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I would leave the puke tank in the engine bay, run a hose off of were the filter is mounted on the tank back to the rear of the car and put the filter at the end of the hose in back of car(or another small puke tank). It would only see oil if you have pressure in the crankcase and if the hose is big enough it should have no effect on the vaccum pump.Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would leave the puke tank in the engine bay, run a hose off of were the filter is mounted on the tank back to the rear of the car and put the filter at the end of the hose in back of car(or another small puke tank). It would only see oil if you have pressure in the crankcase and if the hose is big enough it should have no effect on the vaccum pump.Just my thoughts.

Yes very good idea tx Berner.

·
T/S 368E
30,532 Posts

Or add a -12, -16 bung if your filter is the cap like mine is.
Get a sealed cap, easy peasy.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Bigger is always better with hose size. If you want to run the exhaust clear back to the trunk, 1"1/4 wire reinforced hose would work well. Don't worry too much about oil pooling in the line, the pump exhaust will blow it out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts