Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a datsun 240Z with a 3.8 Turbo Buick transplant, and I am looking to make it quieter. I would like to put something that looks like it belongs on there.(think rice) The normal "fart cans" are straight through, and that won't be very quiet. Is there another muffler that I can put maybe mid-stream that will do the deed? I wish I could make it sound like and elec ezgo cart at idle.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I have a datsun 240Z with a 3.8 Turbo Buick transplant, and I am looking to make it quieter. I would like to put something that looks like it belongs on there.(think rice) The normal "fart cans" are straight through, and that won't be very quiet. Is there another muffler that I can put maybe mid-stream that will do the deed? I wish I could make it sound like and elec ezgo cart at idle.
Depending on the HP you are making...look into putting another straight through muffler under the car...magnaflow, dynomax, borla etc. along with your standard "tuner style" in the rear.

I have had really good luck out of the magnaflow straight thru series on the Grand Nationals...good sound for the money.

I think if you put 2 of them on the car, the sound level will be very acceptable...and still make good power.

Good Luck,
Reed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts