Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
You have to have the T starting out of the box and then go from either side of the T. You also have to end both sides of the V Net side with a cap. You can not have a open end.

I don't think that's correct. It's just a data bus. As long as it's continuous and terminated you can do it anyway you want.

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
use the T and then extension cable,….many cars are this way call or text joe he is the one with the correct answers.

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
I did a little reading and this is what I came up with.

The Sportsman has a termination built into the box so it doesn't require a T with a cap on one end.

The V300/500 requires both ends to be terminated but nothing says you cant put an extension from the logger to the first T.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Yea it's a bit confusing:

V300, V500, V300sd all require the 9" T (maybe you could cheat a bit a go with a 36"t), as Eddie and others have mentioned.

The Sportsman, and the Replay / Logger dashs have the internal terminator like Scott mentioned so no T for them.

Also, you will bump into guys who "break the rules of V-net" like this one or some other rules and seem to get away with it. Then they add one more sensor and they start getting crazy results with sensors appearing/not appearing and then they have to go by the rules.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts