Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm fabbing up the Inlet on my F3. Wasn't their someone that makes a V-band that's 4" on one side and goes up to 4.5" or 5" on the other side? Tim

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Race Parts Solutions? I may need one too if you locate them Tim.
Couldn't find exactly what I wanted but was able to get a 4" to 5" transition. I know I saw those dual size V Band Clamps somewhere...

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Wolfe used to make them. I think thats where I got my 3 1/2 to 4" on the F-2.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wolfe used to make them. I think thats where I got my 3 1/2 to 4" on the F-2.
Thanks Jake. I saw them on their website. Didn't look like they had a 4" to 5". I'll just use a transition.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Thanks Jake. I saw them on their website. Didn't look like they had a 4" to 5". I'll just use a transition.
Lemme peak at one of my F-3's tommorrow and see if I can come up with a good idea for ya Tim.:cool:

·
Registered
7,854 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. I was able to order a 4" to 5" transition piece. Everything is really tight; I think it will work okay.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Just spin one out on your lathe there Jake.....you're the MAN!

BTW, Jake, don't you have a 4"-5" v-band on your hat? Or is it a 5" with a transition?
Its actually a 5" v-band on the hat and a transition under the dash from 4" to 5" feeding the hat.

And I certainley could spin a v-band out again if needed.:D Had to do a few custom ones before.:rolleyes::p

·
Registered
7,854 Posts

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
May need that on mine. Or atleast a simple sleeve to reduce the 5" down to 4" would be easy. When all welded up you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
You'd be good to run 5" to the tube atleast 12-18 before the hat to slow the air speed down.;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts