Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into buying a new 4 seater UTV. I've always rode Honda and Kawasaki bikes and atvs but don't like the looks of their utvs. Other than those, which would you guys recommend? Been leaning toward the Can Am or the Polaris. Thanks

·
Registered
471 Posts
I've had 2 rangers, ( 2007-700cc and 2014-800cc) and 2 rzr's both 800cc 1 standard width and 1 60" wide machine. All 4 were flawless performers. I would not hesitate to buy another one, I still own newest ranger and it gets abused daily.
Mark

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have a Polaris XP900 and really like it.

Polaris just introduced a Turbo 1000, and Yamaha is debuting their new UTV on Sept 1.

·
Registered
12,543 Posts
Buddy of mine has a 2014 maverick by can am 1000 cc. Thing is pretty bad. Granted it's speed limited to something like 78 miles per hour but I believe it's 100 horsepower. It gets there in a hurry.

When we go ride he has no trouble and was able to go anywhere a smaller atv would go. Just size alone it looked like it would have trouble with tight trails but not the case.

Can't say how it does as a work horse...but seems reliable for how he uses it. Would love to add a renegade 1000 to the stable myself.

·
Motorboatin SOB
10,309 Posts
Dad has a Can Am Commander 1000, it doesn't get used a lot but we haven't had any problems with it. They are really fun machines and the aftermarket stuff to add to them seems almost endless. Me and my brother have a shitload of money in shit on a machine that isn't even ours, LOL.

If you are buying used and are looking at the Commanders (not sure if the Mavericks have the issue or not) but look into the steering coupler issue. Some of the 2014's and some earlier years had an issue where the steering coupler didn't go down far enough on the steering rack and that would cause the steering rack splines to strip out then obviously causing a loss of steering.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
They are all nice now. But Polaris is hard to beat for durability. All the others are producing for the hype. As for the CanAm, they do have the best suspension due to the geometry. Look into it and you'll see why. 45* vs 90*.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Wish I could jump on the Polaris band wagon. Being they are made in the USA ,but. They WILL NOT stand behind their product. Know too many people that have been screwed by Polaris. Do a search and read all the bad stuff. I'm not saying they aren't a bad ass machine. Because they are. But Dam.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
But a rzr 1000 and get the rpm one warranty
I suggest buying it from abernathy power sports in Tennessee the drive is worth it
I just picked one up on Saturday and saved about 4500

·
Registered
362 Posts
I just bought a 2015 Polaris 900 trail. So far I love it. I went with the 50" as many of the trails we ride are limited to 50"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts