Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
**BOOSTED SBF***
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a little supercharged 302 in a Mustang that I plan to make a few grudge races with Friday night. We ran it last weekend and made a few bucks but the car we ran wants a rematch with their big nitrous jets and slicks. I only beat him by about half a second this past weekend and almost 2 tenths of that was on the tree. I still have a little power to spare because I was playing with them and had the boost knob on the BTM turned up a little higher than it really needed to be with racing gas. I guess you could say I was sandbagging a little but it worked and now they want to run for a little more cash this weekend. I know my car should run high 10's or low 11's pretty easily as it is now but I would like to add a 50-75hp shot of nitrous. I want to do this more as a way to cool the air charge than an all out power adder. I don't have an intercooler and feel this is the cheapest and easiest way to accomplish what I want to do. Unfortunately, I don't know what is the best way to design this system. I would like to use a wet kit since the car was tuned on the dyno and adding a dry kit would require me to take it back to adjust for this and possibly have another new chip burned as well as possibly adding larger injectors than the 42lb units I have now. How would you guys set-up a single fogger nozzle system and where would you put the nozzle? Would it be best to install the nozzle right at the Supercharger outlet or up by the throttle body? The combo is nothing crazy or wild, it currently only makes 488hp at 15 lbs of boost but I would like to get it closer to 550 for this weekend. I'm open to suggestions and appreciate your advice. It's been years since I played with the gas on a EFI engine and even longer since using it on top of a blower.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,959 Posts
You should get ahold of a single fogger nozzle and plumb it in close to the outlet of the blower. This way it has plenty of time to help cool-off the hot charge coming out of the blower.

You can use the guidelines for the wet systems for jet sizes. Look at the NOS stuff for GM TPI for example. Pull another 2 degrees per 50hp of N2O added for safety. I'm sure Edelbrock has similar stuff. Get ahold of Steve Johnson at Induction Solutions and he can set you up with anything you need.

·
**BOOSTED SBF***
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Water or alky injection... same concept... better cooling.
Who's good and/or makes the best H2O or alky injection system? I'm not familiar with these but I have run nitrous a lot in the past. I just need something before Friday night so I need to figure out exactly what is going to be best and get something put together. I am not against using the injection instead of nitrous. I just figured it would be easier than trying to plumb an a/a or a/w intercooler in the limited amount of time I have. I have an email out to SJ but havent heard back from him yet. I don't think I would need a lot of nitrous to accomplish what I want to do but anything should be better than just blowing hot air in the manifold.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Who's good and/or makes the best H2O or alky injection system? I'm not familiar with these but I have run nitrous a lot in the past. I just need something before Friday night so I need to figure out exactly what is going to be best and get something put together. I am not against using the injection instead of nitrous. I just figured it would be easier than trying to plumb an a/a or a/w intercooler in the limited amount of time I have. I have an email out to SJ but havent heard back from him yet. I don't think I would need a lot of nitrous to accomplish what I want to do but anything should be better than just blowing hot air in the manifold.

Check this out

http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=966584

·
...failure to communicate
4,872 Posts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Holy shit! Was a tech post on the bullet just referred to the Corral? Ack!!!

just yanking your chain.

I know, I know! You would be surprised how much useless info I have stored in my head from various site's. I have a lot of time at work to read and as much as I hate the corral and just use it for mainly comic relief this time they actually has something useful.......lol

·
X275 O.G.
2,353 Posts
being the nitrous junky i am i shot my little street blower and other with alot of success. depends on how you raise the pressure will let you know how you can spray it. dry is a must just a few different ways around it. i sprayed anywhere from 50 to 150 on top of the blower works pretty good if you ask me

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
marshall you would be suprised what a 25-50hp shot will do on a blower set.when you purge it in the motor, it sounds really soft, but when you get on it under boost it will feel like 100-125hp. small wet sys has my vote. call eddie at compucar he can send you a sys in a days time to you in south ga. good luck, give the hell....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts