Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
green to go
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of using fox front components in my kids 62 rambler wagon....would a person be better off using c/c plates and crossmember and adapt to fit, or??? Looking for ideas. Originally I was going to use a generic a arm setup but most do no have a lot of travel....

·
Registered
713 Posts
i also put it in my 62 ford falcon just made a tubular k member and welded the struts fixed to the front done tubes just make sure you use some sort of bearing at the top of the struts cause the balljoint isnt perfectly in line with the top of the strut it will bind and brake your top mounting plates

·
Registered
713 Posts
i cut the factory frame rails out and put 2 x 3 in place of them then bent a 1 5/8 tube from rail to rail under the motor and i angled the tubes from the factory frame rails to that front crossmember and mounted them there i dont have any picks of the build cause some asshole that was helping dropped the die to my bender on my camera and busted my sd card but maybe tomorrow i can crawl under there and send them to you hope i didnt confuse the shit out of ya lol

·
Registered
280 Posts
If you use adjustable lower control arms with heims like AJE sells or really any kind of adjustable lower, you should be able to adust the caster and camber in just so long as you jigged the frame and upper mount correctly when you start the project. My Camaro now has SN95 spindles, brakes with a fox-body manual rack and Strange adjustable fox struts. I didn't want to use "race" struts which have a super short stroke, aren't meant for the street driving and are super expensive. Another good option for struts in this application would be Santhuff.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts