Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use my bottle heater to bring the bottle up to pressure then shut it off in the lanes.Then when I'm ready to make a run after the burnout and purge I turn the bottle heater on.My thinking is to help the bottle maintain pressure as it goes down the track.I'm just wondering if this is ideal or should I just leave the heater off.Any thoughts on this would be appreciated .

·
TRZ Rocks!
3,737 Posts
I don't think it going to add heat fast enough to make a difference, so then it becomes an unneeded drain on the electrical system. I vote for leave it off.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I don't think it going to add heat fast enough to make a difference, so then it becomes an unneeded drain on the electrical system. I vote for leave it off.
agree now if u turned on a gas burner on the bottle
that might help :smt066

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
I agree with BBC, but that presumes you don't have an alternator, but rather one or two batteries only...too much of a drain on battery charge, for a nominal effect on bottle temp. Throw on a bottle heating pad (non-electrical) or even a bottle blanket around the bottle(s).

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info guys,I didn't think about the current draw.I think I'll leave it off.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Yeah leave it off, you are talking about what, 10 seconds of nitrous being used. 10 seconds of heat from a bottle heater isn't going to make any difference in the temperature when the cold nitrous is flowing out of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts