Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never used blender before but I have a big panel on an airplane to paint and there's no edges anywhere close...sooo i'm trying out blending...lol. Painted a lot, never blended single stage or clear before. My question is after spraying the last coat of paint, and then have added the blender, do you spray all of your newly laid paint as well as feathering the edge out further? Or do you just have to use the blender/paint on the feathered edge? Hopefully that makes sense...

Josh

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just realized after thinking, you shouldn't have to spray the whole panel because the blender/paint will have no problem "melting" into the "wet" paint. Just wanted to make sure I didn't have to shoot the whole panel.

·
Registered
13,277 Posts
Josh, it is nearly impossible to blend today's clear coats. I have done it, but most of the time it doesn't work out, especially on a large panel. I usually just over reduce the remanding clear after coverage and blend into a lightly skuffed panel. Buff lightly if needed. Too much buffing will make it worse. Clearing the whole panel to a break is recommended.

·
Registered
706 Posts
what I would do in that situation is >>>>Verify if the color matches well enough to blend>>>tint it to match as good as possible...recently did a M3 took 26 sprayouts to get it right<<<<just do the repair spot in single stage>>>>let it set an hour or so >>>and the blend the clear>>>>use blending solvent in clear in place of reducer...........there is alotof steps i skipped here to make a sucessfull blend>>>call if you want a chance at making this a sucessfull repair<<<1 970 405 6373.....KRUSTY

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not doing clear..this is just a single stage white. Does that change things? Still wanting to know if you use the blender on the whole panel or just the feathered edge?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts