Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a used S400 turbo that looks brand new, but is a little hard to turn. Should it turn absolutely freely? Can I, or should I take it apart to investigate? Is it worth rebuilding? Any help would be appreciated. Positive and negative comments welcome

·
الكتاب ا
6,697 Posts
Yes, it should turn quite easily. If it is in a bind, I suspect a bent shaft.
Depending on which S400 it is, it might be almost as cost-effective to buy a brand new one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shaft doesn't seem to be bent, it kinda feels like a new water pump or something. Like the drag from a new seal.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Shaft doesn't seem to be bent, it kinda feels like a new water pump or something. Like the drag from a new seal.
Shaft isn't bent my friend. The S400's are notorious for carbon buildup on the turbine side rings. The dual piston ring design then adds to the drag. Best thing to do is pull the unit apart and slap new rings in while your at it. Should spin freely unless you have any other issues. How is the shaft play in and out and side to side?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Zero shaft play in any direction. So I can just pull it apart and clean it up? Where do I get parts? It really looks brand new. Still has writing on the exhaust housing.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Zero shaft play in any direction. So I can just pull it apart and clean it up? Where do I get parts? It really looks brand new. Still has writing on the exhaust housing.
Give us a shout, we carry most parts for most any turbo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts