Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Upgrading from 28 to 31 splines on the marauder since it's getting 4.30s anyways and well... I'm considering picking up a set of used Police Interceptor 31 spline axles or rebuilt. Power goal is 730rwhp. And to be clear I'm comfortable with an 8.8 with 9" ends for this power level.

Hoping to get some analytical answers here rather than just "buy it new and be done with it." That isn't helpful at all.

Looks like I should be able to get some used axles for about $100 as opposed to $400 new from ford.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That combo lethal ran at 1200+rwhp on their GT500. I'm not running stickies on the car. My general rule of thumb is that something can be reliable at half of sheer force. So if they'd have destroyed that setup immediately, then maybe it wouldn't be up to the task, but it does seem that in 600ish rwhp, this should be very reliable without a soft compound tire. This is just a family cruiser burnout machine. The mechanism of failure seems to be the end bearings on the 8.8 in this application. Again, most of the issues seem to be solved by just not running a sticky tire. I could care less if I ever track this car about getting a 10, it'd be a mile an hour car. Purely for enjoyment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts