Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sounds like there will be a race the 4th Sat. of every month starting in April. Will also be a limited street class but rules are not final yet.

Pro Street Class 2006 Rules & Regulations

Back-half chassis or Stock chassis only

Stock frame rails from firewall forward

After market front suspension components must be in stock location (mounting points may be altered) .

Cars originally equipped with struts must mount the strut in the original upper mounting location .

Stock firewall in stock location

Must have mufflers

Must have working headlights and taillights

No tire size limit

Lexan Front or rear windows allowed - No visable fasterners

Fiberglass limited to doors, hood, trunk lid, fenders and bumpers

Must have stock appearing dash

Decals only on windows

No lettering on car

All transmissions must use a converter

No fuel injection allowed

No sheet metal intakes allowed except for naturally aspirated applications

Nitrous power additive only

5-inch bore space motors must run N/A only. No nitrous on 5 inch bore space motor.

No single 4 barrel tunnel rams

Single stage of nitrous only.

2800 N/A small blocks

3000 Small block - nitrous

3000 N/A big block

3200 minimum for big block- Nitrous up to 510 Cubic inch

3300 up to 570 cubic inch

3400 up to 650 cubic inch max.

ADD 100 lbs. for dual carbs

Deduct- 100 # for Conventional Heads on engines over 570 cube

(NO-CFE Heads will get weight break)

Deduct- 100# for 1976 and earlier Full size cars, Implala....

Deduct- 50 # for 1977 and earlier Chevelles...

650 cubic inch max

Will race on a PRO LADDER for 2006.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Damn Jason where was I when this meeting was held. Either way what I say doesn't mean shit looks like a great upcomiing year for "DA NEW US 41" :shock:

·
Registered
365 Posts
US 41 Dragstrip

Limited street class rules.
not final, meeting November 28th @ 6 PM

See - http://www.us41dragway.com for details

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Class Description:

2006 rules for limited street class.

Limited Street is a heads-up class (True 10.5 inch tire) designed for street legal cars. Cars will qualify on a .400 Pro-Tree.

3500- Turbo Big Block -82 mm Turbo MAX.

3300- for turbo small blocks- 82 mm Turbo MAX

3300- for supercharged small blocks-

The following makes and models of superchargers are the only units permitted.
Vortech – A,B,S,Y,R,J,JT,T,YS, YSi & X trim models
Procharger – D1,D1X,D1R,F1,F1R models
Procharger – P600, D1SC, P1SC, P1SC-2, P1SC-H
Paxton Novi SN,VR4,1000, 2000 models

3250- V6 turbo or supercharger 88 mm Turbo max

The following makes and models of superchargers are the only units permitted.
Vortech – A,B,S,Y,R,J,JT,T,YS, YSi & X trim models
Procharger – D1,D1X,D1R,F1,F1R models
Procharger – P600, D1SC, P1SC, P1SC-2, P1SC-H
Paxton Novi SN,VR4,1000, 2000 models

ROOTS TYPE SUPERCHARGER: Prohibited

3400- nitrous big blocks -Single stage fooger or 2 stage plate.

3250- nitrous small blocks - Single stage fogger or 2 stage plate.

3150- n/a big block

3000- n/a small block

Body:
Stock bodylines must be retained. Fiberglass pieces limited to hood, inner fenders and bumpers. Forward facing hood scoops allowed. All door glass and quarter glass must be retained and door glass must be operable. Lexan front and rear windshields will be allowed but must retain stock appearance(i.e.no visible fasteners). Factory spoilers allowed. Aftermarket wings will be allowed. Factory Grill and headlights required. Inner fenders are required but may be notched for header or roll bar clearance. Stock floor pans and trunk pan required but may be notched for sub-frame connectors or suspension components. Trunk pan may be notched for fuel cell or fuel pump placement.

Interior:
Full interior required. This includes stock dash and dash pad, carpet, headliner, door panels and both front seats in stock location. Rear seat is optional only if area under it is carpeted. Dash pad may be notched for roll bar clearance.

Front Chassis/Suspension:
Stock front frame rails and suspension required. Aftermarket control arms and bushings allowed as long as they bolt in stock locations. Rack and Pinion steering allowed. Aftermarket coil over shocks allowed and aftermarket direct replacement struts allowed, but must bolt in stock location with the exception of aftermarket K-member. In the case of K-member cars, the upper control arm must bolt in stock location, but the K-member and lower control arms must still must be removable. Aftermarket bolt in sub-frames not allowed. Cross member may be notched for oil pan clearance.

Rear Chassis/Suspension:
After market 4 link suspensions allowed.

Ladder bar suspensions allowed.

After market coilover shocks permitted.

Stock frame rails must be intact in stock location but may be notched for tire clearance only.

Wheelie bars are allowed with a 100 # Adder.

Firewall:
Stock firewall must be retained and in stock location. Notching for clearance of bell housing, distributor, supercharger or intercooler allowed. Smoothing of firewall for appearance is allowed.

Engine:
570 cubic inch max

No alchohol fuel

Transmission:
Any OEM type automatic or manual transmissions allowed. Aftermarket heavy-duty cases allowed. Lenco, Jerico or Liberty clutch type transmissions not allowed.
Air shifters and trans-brakes are allowed.

Electrical:
Stock type headlights, taillights and turn signals required and must be functional. Progressive nitrous controllers and data recorders allowed.

Tires:
Any slick up to a 10.5" sidewall designation allowed. "W" tires are not allowed. DOT tires up to a 12.50" sidewall designation allowed.

Max tire size 10.5 X 30.5

Lettering/Decals:
Sponsorship and decals limited to windows, hood scoops, front fenders, and rear quarters behind tires.

General Rules:
Cars must cross scales after every qualifying and elimination pass. Tow-backs are allowed. No more than two crewmembers allowed on the starting line.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Sounds like great rules, EXCEPT!!! You have to make the F2 a legal blower. At least not intercooled. I'm just trying to find another place to race. :-D

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I mean come on, if you let a 2 stage plate or fogger on a 570inch big block, that will make more power than my 565 with an F2. Like you said, the rules are not set in stone. Give me a buzz Denny if you have questions. I don't like to complain. Really!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pooch565 said:
I mean come on, if you let a 2 stage plate or fogger on a 570inch big block, that will make more power than my 565 with an F2. Like you said, the rules are not set in stone. Give me a buzz Denny if you have questions. I don't like to complain. Really!
that discussion is going on now at http://www.us41dragway.com/forums/ jump right in!

·
Registered
645 Posts
Pooch565 said:
Sounds like great rules, EXCEPT!!! You have to make the F2 a legal blower. At least not intercooled. I'm just trying to find another place to race. :-D
I'm working on getting them to allow the F2, we just need to figure out a way to get those combos slowed down to mid 8's. Please come to the meeting on the 28th.

- Brian

·
Registered
365 Posts
Meeting is at Hooters in Merriville at 6:00 PM 11-28.... This is for Limited Street and the possibility of a heads up breakout class (9.50 or 10.0 that will be discussed)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts