Yellow Bullet Forums banner

81 - 83 of 83 Posts

·
T/S 368E
28,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #81

I knew it, I knew they would look for any excuse to sit on their lazy ass's!!!

That makes 2 years in a row I got screw out of 1000's of dollars, and still didn't get my junk running!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,923 Posts

If the sale of the lot next door closes, not the track!!!!
When have I ever posted something so ridiculous!!!!
41 is not closing anytime soon, Mr. Hupke has been busting his butt to save her.
I highly doubt he would give up now.

I'm hoping he bought it for parking and they try to get some huge events in there.
Something like a nitro special or a P/M shoot out??
Maybe even a camp ground.
It wasn't much money, so you never know??

Do you remember when that track first opened? They actually had an IHRA national event there. Looking at that track now, I can't imagine watching Nitro dragsters, MMPS and Pro Mods competing there. :p:oops::LOL: I remember that me and my father both thought that 41 was a carbon copy of US 30. We stopped by 30 on our way home, just to make sure we weren't hallucinating.

·
T/S 368E
28,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #83

I was at opening day, I used to race 3-4 days a week, making 100's of passes a year there.
It was a beautiful track compared to Osceola where I was racing.
We went to every national event and we met Big Daddy & Shirley there.
After the POS loser lost the track it got better, and you didn't have to worry about bounced checks!!!

The issue was they didn't keep it a national event level facility, which was fine for us, we raced for fun.
We didn't care about making the team finals, being a non sanctioned track didn't matter.

Then when Norm Sr. died, it was over.
That lying POS thief denny completely gutted the place and stole every nickle he could get his hands on.
A huge % of the regulars stopped going and have never been back.

Mr. Hupke saved the old girl, and she's coming back slowly.
There a lot more that needs to be done, but it's 1000 times more fun now than under the POS thief!!!

I even offered to help a few weeks ago, and I guess my money isn't good enough???
After I offered to buy new uniforms and even contacted a painter to stripe the pits,
they didn't even have the decency to reply to my offer!!!

I'll still be there regularly, but I am very disappointed I was completely ignored!!

81 - 83 of 83 Posts