Yellow Bullet Forums banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts

We offered to do PRIVATE track rentals, that was smacked down a long time ago.
This was the 1st positive decision in month's and then they get us all excited and 2 days later, they tell us no again!!

Inferno is a multi-millionaire, if he can't make it happen, none of us little piss ants will make it happen :(

I'm a multi hundredaire.

·
T/S 368E
27,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #43

Multi hundredaires don't have all kinds of fancy ass engines laying around, 565's, 615's, 632's, 706's etc etc etc.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts

Multi hundredaires don't have all kinds of fancy ass engines laying around, 565's, 615's, 632's, 706's etc etc etc.

I'm running a used 632 and I guess do have a 305 out of an old junk Monte SS that has been setting in the corner for 20 years but that is it. You are the one building the 5.3 bore space monster there money bags.

·
T/S 368E
27,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #46

That's next season after I retire and sell 30 years worth of equipment, trucks & tooling.
I'm still running some basic conventional headed hand me downs :(

WHAT THE FRICK!!!
Indiana opened their church's today, allowing inside services but a 100-200 acre dragstrip is too dangerous???

·
T/S 368E
27,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #48

You might be right, I must have missed the inside services were starting today :(

·
T/S 368E
27,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #49

Now it's making even less sense, sit down restaurants opened today.
So people every few feet eating & chewing, but a few people per acre is too dangerous??

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
41 is open for test and tune and the state is allowing only 25 people in. that is so fucked up. On a side note, Coles County in Charleston Illinois is open and has won a court ruling to be open.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Shush. When at the track, turn of your phones GPS. The Po Po are monitoring them to detect crowds they can go after.

·
T/S 368E
27,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #52

It doesn't sound like they are opening, either because 25 people on 200 acres is idiotic, or everyone is running to restaurants now that inside seating is allowed :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
That track really did not win a court ruling. Their lawyer prepared papers to say that they were opening with social distancing measures and a sound plan, then took it to the local sheriff dept., police station, and mayor. It just stated they had 2 days to object, if not, it was a go. No one replied. The track had a couple of congressmen on their side and they attended the test and tune. Next step is a real race. This is how I heard it from those close to the track owner and some of what he said online. I was not there.

·
Denouned
1,183 Posts
That track really did not win a court ruling. Their lawyer prepared papers to say that they were opening with social distancing measures and a sound plan, then took it to the local sheriff dept., police station, and mayor. It just stated they had 2 days to object, if not, it was a go. No one replied. The track had a couple of congressmen on their side and they attended the test and tune. Next step is a real race. This is how I heard it from those close to the track owner and some of what he said online. I was not there.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
I think this "I sued them and won" is a dramatic exaggeration. No one went to court and no one ruled in favor of. Yes a lawyer was used, just not the judicial system. Semantics, with good results for all. Hope this helps other tracks in Illinois get open sooner. I race at that track. I am also looking forward to racing at the NMCA race at Madison Illinois (St Louis) May 28-31. It is still on the schedule as the first race they will run..

·
T/S 368E
27,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
US41 Dragstrip
1 hr ·
Please share
Starting MAY 15TH*
Tuesday. 4pm-9pm
Wednesday 4pm-9pm
Friday. 4pm-11pm
Saturday. 9am-11pm
Sunday. 9am-6pm
*RESERVATIONS
MUST BE PAID IN FULL A DAY BEFORE
NO REFUNDS
RAINCHECKS AWARDED
credit card only
(Credit card payment 773-229-0655)
Since that plan wasn't widely excepted... I'm going to change it up and make it real simple.
MAY 15th-22nd
25 PEOPLE MAX AT ONE TIME
$75 tech card
$50 crew ( LIMIT 2 crew per tech card)
ALL DAY-- NO SESSIONS
May 23rd-June 13th
100 PEOPLE MAX AT ONE TIME
$75 tech card
$40 crew (LIMIT 2 crew per tech card)
ALL DAY--NO SESSIONS
STREET CAR BRAWL MAY30TH
(Contact Brian or Derek for details)
*June 14th- July 3rd
50% CAPACITY
$35 Tech card*
$15 Crew/ Spectator*
*Event pricing may be higher
*JULY 4TH-OCT31ST
!!!!!!100% CAPACITY!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Worst thing is, tracks may get to open at some point, and be able to run a bracket program, but any heads up series or even smaller special events will likely be screwed due to scheduling and all the advanced planning it takes.

·
T/S 368E
27,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #60

WELL, don't be shocked if they cancel this W/E????
My crew chief lives due west of the track, and he's flooded out, and the real storm hasn't even hit yet.
I have a bad feeling the track will be underwater in the morning :(

41 - 60 of 72 Posts