Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
T/S 368E
27,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

I'm not involved in any way, other than trying to help the track make some dough so it doesn't go out of business.

They have been approved for 20%, so let's hope that will stick Friday!!!!
Don't forget, they are in a very sparse county also, so maybe that was considered???

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
It all sucks. I live basically in the center of 5 strips within 2 hours drive, have 4 cars, have been an every weekend racer for years, and have zero to look forward to this summer. I have no hope for racing this season, and have done nothing with any of the cars. Really shit part is that my son (jr dragster) and I both are sitting Gold Cards this year. Bunker is under first year of new ownership, and I couldn’t feel worse for the guy. I feel the same for the Daniels family over at Muncie, and all of the track owners. Its a shit deal.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Yeah I'll be shocked if this race actually happens. Worst thing they can do is run 1 day under the radar then get shut down with 2 days remaining. That is a mess they won't want to deal with.

·
Registered
556 Posts
The problem with all the other Drag Strips is even though they made their plan they didn't wait for state conformation and just scheduled stuff before they got it, which pissed off the state. 41 guys didn't do that. Thats why they didn't try to open this week. It sounds like they got their shit together on this and are doing all the right things so hopefully it will still be a go. Keep them fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
The problem with all the other Drag Strips is even though they made their plan they didn't wait for state conformation and just scheduled stuff before they got it, which pissed off the state. 41 guys didn't do that. Thats why they didn't try to open this week. It sounds like they got their shit together on this and are doing all the right things so hopefully it will still be a go. Keep them fingers crossed.
I sure hope you are right but Osceola hasn't ran anything and also got a letter.

·
T/S 368E
27,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

So obviously someone will drop a dime on us also, and Friday's race will be barricaded also :(

·
T/S 368E
27,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

SON OF A BITCH!!!!!!!!!!

·
TD 3550
2,866 Posts
Damn, and i thought we might of had a chance...... I think I'll call Paul today and make sure he's still above ground.

·
TD 3550
2,866 Posts
If you need parts today check with Direct Connection south side Chicago on Archer, Billy Hubke owns it. Same owner of US41 He sells fuel also and will deliver. His house is just west of I57 in Monee on Stuenkel Rd.

We did some Kart racing there back in the day..Not too far from you.. Small world.

·
T/S 368E
27,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

That's what I was calling about today but you blocked my new phone jackass!!!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Now wait a minute. 25 people. 7 cars, driver and 2 team mates thats 21. Then 4 track people. Lets rent that puppy out and Race. Who's in? Mr Dragster make that shit happen. We can be out of there before dark so they don't have to incur the electricity cost. At least they will be able to make a few bucks and make some people happy.

·
T/S 368E
27,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #40

We offered to do PRIVATE track rentals, that was smacked down a long time ago.
This was the 1st positive decision in month's and then they get us all excited and 2 days later, they tell us no again!!

Inferno is a multi-millionaire, if he can't make it happen, none of us little piss ants will make it happen :(

21 - 40 of 72 Posts