Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where these take place and when? Freight that was lost, or refused during shipping. I see freight recovery companys selling stuff, but dont know where they are getting it from!

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
I know that ups stores can sell/dispose of items if they have not been claimed in 90 days. my buddy came up on a bitchin performance machine wheel for a harley from one out here.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The locations are at shipping terminals and the list is closed from the public for the big sales.
Is the public allowed to go to the auctions or do I have to have a buyers license?

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
heres what UPS just emailed back to me:

Dear Aaron,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding undeliverable or damaged merchandise. Unclaimed freight is logged and housed for a period of up to five months while we attempt to match it with its owner. This is done through our tracing and claim processes. If a match is not made within that period of time the merchandise goes to a salvage vendor. Damaged items that claims have been paid on are also salvaged via salvage vendors. We carry long-term agreements with two companies who warehouse these products. Unfortunately, UPS does not auction these items to the general public.

I apologize that I am unable to help you any further at this time.

Please contact us if you need any additional assistance.

Catrina Watkins
UPS Customer Service

bummer......:(

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
go look on ebay. Theres soo many freight recovery companys selling stuff dirt cheap its unreal! This week alone ive picked up $500+ worth of stuff for a meer $130.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok. Some of them sell different types of merchandise. Some sell everything from shirts and shoes to cylinder heads and tools.
dont know how to search ebay for surplus people specificly. I found the one I buy from by accident.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
none of the stuff im getting is damaged. Its all brand new, or re-grinds. Im buying it for its weight and metal value or some of it I can re-sell locally to different machine shops.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts