Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a qa1 k member in my mustang and was thinking of switching to a upr was told by upr that it weights 18lbs and the qa1 weights 36lbs. if this is the case ill switch but kinda calling bs as there isnt many bares in a k member and dont fell that going from a mild steel qa1 to a chromoly upr would be that much of a difference like they say it is. Im willing to pull mine out and weight it but would like to save myself the trouble as the car is complete, if someone already knows what the weight of the qa1 is. thanks for any input, mike

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,711 Posts
I can't help you on weight but i did just by a aje universal mount one..box said 27# on it take away box weight,packing shit an mags they sent with it i would say its 21#s..i would say my aje on with just sbf mounts is 18 or 19#

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have not weighted them but picked two up side by side there is a noticable diffrence in the upr.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Yea i could see that there would be a huge weight difference in chromoly and mild steel... But i dont use neither of these k members

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I have a qa1 k member in my mustang and was thinking of switching to a upr was told by upr that it weights 18lbs and the qa1 weights 36lbs. if this is the case ill switch but kinda calling bs as there isnt many bares in a k member and dont fell that going from a mild steel qa1 to a chromoly upr would be that much of a difference like they say it is. Im willing to pull mine out and weight it but would like to save myself the trouble as the car is complete, if someone already knows what the weight of the qa1 is. thanks for any input, mike
Hey Mike im here at the shop and I have both of them here in stock....... on my digital scale the qa1 is @ 35.6 and the UPR is @ 18.4

I hope this helps

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Mike im here at the shop and I have both of them here in stock....... on my digital scale the qa1 is @ 35.6 and the UPR is @ 18.4

I hope this helps
cant get a better response than that thanks alot.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts

·
Registered
1,562 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just for the record replaced my qa1 k member with a upr k member. qa1 weights 25.5 pounds upr weights 18 pounds. qa1 a arms weight 6 pounds each upr 5 pounds each( but are 1 inch shorter to fit new brakes). also put aerospace brakes and aluminum radiator in car and lost a total of 59 pounds off the noise.

·
Registered
145 Posts
The QA1 K-frame is heavy. I can't remember what exactly they weighed but I took off the QA1 k-frame and put on a chrome-moly one from Autofab and weighed both in between and I know the Autofab one was 15 lbs. lighter than the QA1 k-frame.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I know the thread title is UPR vs QA1, but I figured someone else might want to know what the Team Z stuff weighs. I just weighed my chromoly (with motor mount perches) k-member right at 17lbs. The heim-end 1" shortened A-arms are at 10lb for the pair. I'll be taking off a mild steel QA1 this weekend and will post the results.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I got the UPR on my floor right now will weigh it right now. hang on

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I just weighed it using a bathroom scale got less than 15lbs 13lbs actually not the best method but close enough for the UprK member Ijust bought the whole kit

1 - 20 of 22 Posts