Yellow Bullet Forums banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
I'm hoping Ford will stop jacking around, strengthen their V8's architecture and Turbocharge it!!!

Who wouldn't want turbocharged V8 for crying out loud.??

Audi, BMW, Mercedes and more manufactures do, why not Ford??

Chrysler and GM Supercharge their V8's in some cases, can't Ford please take the lead.

We need a domestic Turbocharged V8 for pickups and Mustangs.

Chrysler and GM drooped the V8 Turbo ball, please Ford run with it!!!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
My 2017 2.7 F150 was a fantastic truck. Towed a 24' enclosed trailer, 8K lbs. total, 290 miles and got 10MPG. That was 60-70MPH the whole way with some stop and go.

0 issues and like others have said, unloaded it would get 20MPG. I would rate it over the 2014 Tremor I had with the 3.5.

I own a 2019 F250 PS now which is also another fantastic truck. People are talking about the 6.7 gas motor like it will do anything in this thread. No thanks...especially in a 3/4 ton heavy truck...it wouldn't get out of it's own way. Hearken back the 5.4 3/4 ton turd days. PS is the ONLY way to go and if you believe otherwise you are a fool.

Why did I switch? I wanted a 4x4 with every towing option I could get so if the time ever came to tow anything, anywhere, there would be 0 concern. It didn't hurt I got one Hell of a deal on the F250 I couldn't pass up either. ;)

·
Registered
55,149 Posts
I don't know how it could NOT be noticeable, seeing as the 3.5 Eco has a 70 lb/ft torque advantage - and at nearly 2000 lower RPM. For what it's worth, I've towed with both several times...normally a 2000# car hauler trailer with 4-5000# sitting on it - and while both engines do the job, the EB is a lot more comfortable with it. The 5.0 needs at least one, and often two, lower gears and lives in the 4000-4500rpm zone.
This is my experience. I really like the EB for towing my boats, toys and cars.

·
Son of Mr. David-get it ?
15,361 Posts
My 2017 2.7 F150 was a fantastic truck. Towed a 24' enclosed trailer, 8K lbs. total, 290 miles and got 10MPG. That was 60-70MPH the whole way with some stop and go.

0 issues and like others have said, unloaded it would get 20MPG. I would rate it over the 2014 Tremor I had with the 3.5.

I own a 2019 F250 PS now which is also another fantastic truck. People are talking about the 6.7 gas motor like it will do anything in this thread. No thanks...especially in a 3/4 ton heavy truck...it wouldn't get out of it's own way. Hearken back the 5.4 3/4 ton turd days. PS is the ONLY way to go and if you believe otherwise you are a fool.

Why did I switch? I wanted a 4x4 with every towing option I could get so if the time ever came to tow anything, anywhere, there would be 0 concern. It didn't hurt I got one Hell of a deal on the F250 I couldn't pass up either. ;)
Who makes a 6.7 gasser ?

·
Registered
6,243 Posts
I do find it interesting that the Ford dealership employees
picked the 5.0 over the EB 3 to 1.......just saying.

I agree with the masses.
This is because THEY are the ones who have to work on them. lol

If I were wealthy enough to buy a new F150, and sell it before it went out of warranty... and was going to do moderate towing... I'd choose the EcoBoost. They simply work better for towing.

If I were buying a used truck, and was going to try and stretch it out to 200k miles, I'd buy the 5.0,

The EcoBoost is a beast for its size, and the turbos definitely make a lot of grunt for towing... but when it does come time for service, there's a lot there to wear out and go wrong. For the long haul, I'd choose the 5.0. I've got a friend who road races a 2014 mustang with a 5.0, and he BEATS IT TO DEATH. He's abused it for 3-4 years of racing, and has done nothing but change the oil. I'm impressed with what they will take.

·
Registered
22,717 Posts
I've owned 4 EB F150 and just ordered a new one with the 5.0 in it.

·
Registered
18,826 Posts

Do you mean 6.2 gas engine?:confused:Never mind I see you meant 6.2 my bad!!

·
Registered
12,971 Posts
That is strictly your opinion. Fact is my PS will run circles around your 6.2 and use less fuel doing it.
Well no shit it will tow 10-20k pounds better, if that's what you're doing, by all means, the diesel is the way to go. But if you are towing a car on an enclosed trailer on the highway for 99% of towing usage, go on with your bad self that you can pull out quicker from a stop with your trailer??????

At highway speeds, the newer 6.2's have no problem towing loads they are rated for, that's just a simple fact. I'm not sure why you are racing around while towing shit.

·
Registered
6,243 Posts
Well no shit it will tow 10-20k pounds better, if that's what you're doing, by all means, the diesel is the way to go. But if you are towing a car on an enclosed trailer on the highway for 99% of towing usage, go on with your bad self that you can pull out quicker from a stop with your trailer??????

At highway speeds, the newer 6.2's have no problem towing loads they are rated for, that's just a simple fact. I'm not sure why you are racing around while towing shit.
Diesel trucks are the 'Hillbilly Cadillacs' around here. LOTS of people feel the 'need' to own one, even if the only thing they ever tow is the occasional car on an open trailer, or something similar. Nevertheless, they feel the need to pound their chests about it. Whatever.

Personally, I'd rather have $10k truck and money to spend on other stuff, instead of burning $50k+ on a status ride.... just to idle around and sound like a school bus. lol

To each their own. :rolleyes:

41 - 52 of 52 Posts