Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted some video up back around christmas eve when i first fired up my new 408. Back then Timing was around 11 degrees! Done alot of little things since then and wanted to post up an update: This is 30 degrees of timing! This is a pump Gas car btw 55cc chambers,408 with C302 heads , victor intake that I bought off the bullet and a 1,000 cfm HP holley carb. I know it needs alot more tuning but im just happy its slowy coming alive. Have had alot of help from the guys from www.toonutsracing.com/smf .

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=b64u41&s=7

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Man your neighbors must love you!! I thought that guy with the dog was gonna unleash him on you. I cant imagine pulling that off. Sounds like it will get up and scoot once you get it all sorted out. Good luck.

·
Registered
10,234 Posts
sounds good, my 408 with c3s dosent like more than 30 degrees. be careful with the timing starting out
C302's or C302B's have a cleveland chamber, not the much more efficient chamber of the Yates C3 heads.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
807 Posts
Doug, thing sounds nasty. Good job, working on my 408 now....Tim

·
Registered
908 Posts
I am thinking of building a clevor for a local NA iron headed class, any tips or tricks for them? I have a set of open chambered 2v heads that have been ported and all, going to build either a 393 or 408. class has a 410 in. rule for small blocks and I have to run a flat tappet cam.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I already have them or I would get the 4v heads. These 2v heads look good, they have been ported and cleaned up by a well known porter. I will use a dome piston to get compression up around 13:1. Looking to turn it around 7000-7500

1 - 20 of 24 Posts