Yellow Bullet Forums banner

What Sanctioning body would you prefer?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen here, and heard many times where people have wanted an IHRA or NHRA Sanctioned track in Up State NY.

I have to ask, Which would you prefer and what are your reasons for wanting that kind of facility?

...and are you giving your perspective as a Racer (Class?) or a Spectator / Fan?

·
Senior Moment
7,529 Posts
IHRA (voted),or non...............spectator

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
IHRA, more sportsman friendly. If they did get a national event back there if it was NHRA local guys couldn't run unless they went to divisionals, IHRA is all run, so everyone could run. racer.

·
Registered
116 Posts
IHRA because they are more open with there classes, not that much into the money like NHRA is. racer in open comp and a fan.

·
Registered
681 Posts
NHRA.
Racer, Top Dragster to 10.90 to stock and everything in between.

Need a division race, maybe a national in the future. Only way to make a profitable race track is to look at what is popular at the present. Can't live in the past.

Everyone that thinks IHRA will again be what it used to be is going to have to wait a long, long time, if it even is possible. The only way to take advantage of what is out there is to try moving forward to bigger things. Maybe not better for everyone, but trying to be bigger is to everyone's advantage. Keeping things the same because it is convenient is a sure way fall behind and eventually go away. Look at the current state of things- fewer racers, NOBODY IN THE STANDS, no real purses, NOBODY IN THE STANDS, and tired old crap week after week.

Looking out for your own personal interest because it is easier is why this country has gotten to the low point that we have, same holds true for racetracks, businesses and life in general.

Same people that complain about things like chassis certs and safety equipment costing too much, think nothing of spending tons of $ on stuff to go faster/look nice to race for $500 to win.

·
Registered
453 Posts
IHRA to race. But I would go to watch a Pro Mod cars/Altered cars / Outlaw cars / Gassers race. Leave the Jet Cars and Pro bikes and thottle stop cars outside of the gates.

·
Registered
936 Posts
ihra...a racer and spectator...much more user friendly. I don,t see a divisional with Lebanon valley down the road, and I don,t think there is enough money around here to buy a national event. as good as Norwalk is , they had to spend millions to please nhra, and I read where epping had to do millions in upgrades also.

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
NHRA.
Racer, Top Dragster to 10.90 to stock and everything in between.

Need a division race, maybe a national in the future. Only way to make a profitable race track is to look at what is popular at the present. Can't live in the past.

Everyone that thinks IHRA will again be what it used to be is going to have to wait a long, long time, if it even is possible. The only way to take advantage of what is out there is to try moving forward to bigger things. Maybe not better for everyone, but trying to be bigger is to everyone's advantage. Keeping things the same because it is convenient is a sure way fall behind and eventually go away. Look at the current state of things- fewer racers, NOBODY IN THE STANDS, no real purses, NOBODY IN THE STANDS, and tired old crap week after week.

Looking out for your own personal interest because it is easier is why this country has gotten to the low point that we have, same holds true for racetracks, businesses and life in general.

Same people that complain about things like chassis certs and safety equipment costing too much, think nothing of spending tons of $ on stuff to go faster/look nice to race for $500 to win.
:smt038:smt038:smt038 Thanks! Couldn't have put it any better! :smt038 :smt038 :smt038

·
Registered
15,123 Posts
NHRA-Racer.The reasoning behind this is I know NHRA is a money hungry,but makes the track more healthy financially.(hopefully that is)The interest is as a racer a good track that on the long term will last.

But face it guys.All of us that has posted about Empire has to get out there and support the new owner.That is the beginning of building a good foundation.And I mean hell or high water while the new owner goes threw what he needs to to bring the track back.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Add a "doesn't matter to me" option, that is what I would vote for. I just want to see it stay open for years to come.

·
Registered
12,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Add a "doesn't matter to me" option, that is what I would vote for. I just want to see it stay open for years to come.

In the end I think most here would agree. There is a cost associated with everything, and the more you want, the more you'll pay.

There is a wide range of finances involved with drag racing, and each person has their tolerance for cost VS facility and sanctioning body.

And the new owner has to find the best method for generating interest, involvement and revenue in the short upstate NY summer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts