Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Wearing my WWII helmet
19,489 Posts
I had some adware that was killing my hard drive. I had the latest norton and it did not catch it. I trashed it and downloaded AVG's freeware. Got my stuff back running normal. I plan on upgrading to the full version on payday.

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts
Download spybot search and destroy. It is free.

Download AD Aware. It is free.

Install both programs. Update them.

Restart computer in SAFE MODE.

Run both programs.

Enjoy. :)

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Download spybot search and destroy. It is free.

Download AD Aware. It is free.

Install both programs. Update them.

Restart computer in SAFE MODE.

Run both programs.

Enjoy. :)
I use AD Aware, like said it's free and works well...:cool:

Rick

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
avast and webroot spy sweepers.

avast stop the stuff the best. spysweeper works the best to get rid of stuff. avast is free and spy sweeper was pretty cheap.

·
Registered
37 Posts
superantispyware free edition
I second that. I used SUPERAntiSpyware to rid a neighbor's system of some nasty stuff.

I've used many of the other apps recommended in this thread thus far, and have not been as impressed with them as I was with SUPERAntiSpyware. The price for the personal version is right too - free -- http://www.superantispyware.com

·
Registered
826 Posts
"Unwanted" spyware? Is there a "wanted" spyware available?

BTW - When the pop up says "Congratulations, you are the one gazillionth visitor, you've just won a new laptop! Click here to claim your prize!"......

Murff

·
Registered
8,263 Posts
I prefer Avast (anti virus) and Ad-Aware (spyware destroyer).

Between those two programs, I've never had a computer issue due to malicious software.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I've always had good luck with superantispyware. Click preferences, then scanning control, and then make sure, close browsers before scanning and terminate memory threats before quarantining are checked. Now go ahead and do a complete scan. These options are for superantispyware.

·
Banned
69,762 Posts
All these FREE programs are FREE for a reason. Spend the $50 for Zone Alarm Security Suite and save yourself the hassle. The activation code is good for 3 computers and it doesn't take much RAM to run it. Plus it replaces the Windows firewall too. I haven't had any problems with any spyware of viruses slowing down 3 computers in 4 years.

http://www.zonealarm.com/store/content/catalog/products/zonealarm_internet_security_suite.jsp;jsessionid=Ih0VWB1gss27oVJ4f4IhGr90tN2YC1AGGDVmge0ny9k5Ccn5pJVp!694637992!-1062696903!7551!7552!1418902669!-1062696904!7551!7552?dc=12bms&ctry=US〈=en

1 - 20 of 21 Posts