Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car is ladder bar rear, was tubbed etc some 6 years ago and has run perfectly, arrow straight and without drama.. Runs mid nines on the gas and tens on motor..over the last winter I changed the Camshaft and also replaced the rear tires, mickey Thomson street radial, now the car cannot hook up off the line and down track it tries to move around very badly.. I have a Detroit locker in the rear end.. Is it possible the locker could be causing this, because everything under the back of the car looks exactly like it did last year... When driving on the road, if I blip the throttle the car feels like it jumps to the right and when I come of the throttle it seems to jump to the left

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found that the left rear shock is very weak.. would that cause my problem or is there something else I need to find.. checked all joints, welds and all is good. Took locker out and that is good..

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
well a shock is not going to carry weight it is just there for damping reasons. what type of shocks are we talking about here?

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Yes, I have seen similar behavior in a friend's car when a shock was bad. The shocks also help control body roll rotation when getting in and out of the throttle.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
If they are AVO's get a measurement...I think I still have the AVO's out of my car...If they fit ...pay the freight and you can have them.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ericarrow,,that is a very nice offer,, but I am in London, England...how I wish I was over there

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,626 Posts
I always thought those lockers felt weird on the street and when driving through the pits. Never really noticed anything strange on the track though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts