Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
RED ROCKET
8,633 Posts
some nice and some rough....i had some fenders from them on my 68,i had to shorten them 1inch to fit on the car...i do like their hoods.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
I got one of their cowl hoods for my camaro several, several years ago and it fitup nice, in fact I still got it, but I've heard a lot of horror stories about them and their quality since then.

Check with the BBB, I've heard there is a lot of complaints against them.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Do a quick search...you'll find a lot of recent horror stories at bruce indicated.

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
Bought a complete glass kit for a 63 nova and not one piece fit right! Took a yr of sundays to make it all fit. Took pass side door back 3 times and exchange it and none of them fit without extreme mods. DON'T DO IT!!LOL!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pictures of the stuff looked good, supposted to be laid not chopper gun so I figured it would be light but reading all the posts, doing the searches and reading the BBB report I don't think it would be a good idea to buy from there especially since I'm in Canada and getting my $$ back or satisfaction if I have a problem looks slim to none. I do realize that fiberglass parts require some work but

So it looks like I was saved by the bullet as I will not be dealing with them.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Got a cowl hood from them years ago for my camaro. Didn't fit right, had to do modifications to it just to make it look ok. Finally got rid of it and got a Harwood and never had problem, fits great. I won't buy their stuff anymore.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I bought a replica T/A hood from them for my Challenger and it was FUCKING JUNK. I live in Canada and after transport and taxes I was in this hood for over 1g. After a month of fucking with it to try and straighten the scoop that had sunk into the hood and fit the edges and finish the front seam under the hood, I just finally gave up. I actually cut the hood in 4 pieces and threw it in the garbage I was so pissed. Complete garbage they produce there.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Well here is my .02 cents, I ordered a bolt on deck lid and front and rear bumpers for my 67 chevelle. the bumpers actually fit, but they both looked like they were trimmed with a band saw, the curved edges were cut with a V around the ends and edges, not that big of a deal, a little sanding and they look OK, the deck lid on the other hand, i bolted it on, yes it actually bolted in place, when shut the deck lid was completely flat across the middle, the original had an arc to it (3/4 higher in middle than sides) when i called i got the poor attitude from the salesman, and i told them the problem and they said "your car must have been wrecked or it was repaired from the body panels being rusted out" I immediatley stated the factory deck lid fits perfectly fine, and told him ive had this car since was new, never been wrecked. Needless he told me to send the stuff back, if they deemed the product was defective, they would give me a credit for the decklid, but not the freight. When i hung up from that guy i called Glasstech, had a new decklid in my possession in 4 days, and it fit with no problems!! I would never recommend Unlimited Products, but i would highly recommend Glasstech.

later, JW

·
Registered
621 Posts
call glasstek, i have used tons of there parts and never had any problems. a customer supplied some stuff from unlimited for a nova project and every part was junk, some could have been made to work but sure would not have been worth the time.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts