Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
502 daddy
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So who all is running this? Finally the little guy has a shot to win a wally. I plan on running the 10.0 class myself. Several of my friends plan on running it as well in the 10.0 11.0 12.0 Class...think this is going to be a good time. Just a heads up
KING KONG is coming..lol

·
502 daddy
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No not yet..soon

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I'll race again in the 13.0 index class at Indy IF it doesn't run on the same days as the United Manual Transmission Series does...I missed two races to race at the Unleashed event and another race at Indy...missed being the points champ in UMTR by only 3 rounds!

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
I'd like to run 11.0 if it comes to Columbus again,id pry make the drive for that.

·
Registered
6,183 Posts
No not yet..soon

After the season starts everywhere else????
I'd love to but I sure ain't putting any other plans on hold to wait for these asshats to decide if they wanna release a schedule or not. I know it takes a lot to put a series together but isn't this supposed to be NHRA????
Oh yeah, they think we are all waiting on them to decide what else we wanna do for the year.
Seriously though.... I'd love to go but WTH could be taking soo long?

·
J&E POWER!!
4,965 Posts
i would race in there ls/odr if they still have it and it isn't ontop of other races that have had there schedule out for a while now....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
22,719 Posts
I think the longer they wait to release their schedule the less amount of racers you have to pull from to race with your organization. It also lends to the speculation that it may not be coming back in it's old format or at all.

·
502 daddy
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea I wish they would post the dates also..Im in no hurry,hell all I race is the 6.50 class at Ohio valley anyway so if a date is the same its no big loss. I'm ready for the 10.0 class should be good

·
502 daddy
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lets get it...

·
Registered
301 Posts
Here is what Ray posted on the Unleashed site.

The schedule won't be "official" until we send out a press release, but here is some long awaited information. I have six tracks committed to hosting an event this year. I am still working on a seventh and final event in the Western U.S. We will be going to South Georgia Motorsports Park (GA), Tulsa Raceway Park (OK), No Problem Raceway Park (LA), Cordova Dragway Park (IL), Milan Dragway (MI), and Lebanon Valley Dragway (NY). These are all great NHRA member tracks that are excited to have the opportunity to host an Unleashed event. They will all enthusiastically welcome the racers of NHRA Unleashed, and I KNOW that you will support them in force.

The classes that we will be featuring for 2011 will be Outlaw 10.5, Limited Street, X275 Radial, 8.50 Index, 9.50 Index, 10.0 Index, 11.0 Index, 12.0 Index, and 13.0 Index. The 2011 NHRA Unleashed Rules will be released soon. There will be some changes in the Outlaw 10.5, and Limited Street classes to accommodate more cars. The X275 Radial class will be added, and the index classes will be updated to the 2011 NHRA Rulebook. Unfortunately, we had to drop the Pro Mod, EZ Street, and 9.50 class in order to shorten the program for the host tracks, but the X275 Radial class should fill a void for some. So that's what I have so far. I'll give you the dates in the official announcement. I still want a track out west, and hopefully, I can lock that in this week. As promised, we are growing the Unleashed Series. Now, we need all of you to continue to spread the word. Thanks for what you have already done, and let's make sure that 2011 is a good year!

Ray Wilkings
NHRA Unleashed

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Bummer Pro Mod is dropped, I was looking forward to seeing them run! I'm still waiting for something West of Indy! BTW - are they dropping the 9.0 or 9.50 class? See Ray W's info above. I'm good with either one (9.0 or 9.50), may even drag one of my other cars along for either 12.0 or 13.0 classes. They are definitely running out of time for racer schedules though, my calendar is almost packed already!

·
502 daddy
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Come on,no Indy?really? Your prompters need be fired how can you not do Indy everyone knows that's the best track in the U.S.A

1 - 20 of 34 Posts