Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently working on building a pro street diesel and have been looking into my options for running a digital dash and the IQ3 sparked my interest.

The main question/issue I have is that I'm running a standalone ECM that already logs the main engine parameters and is capable of monitoring external sensors but it's not your normal run of the mill MSD, AEM, Nira, etc and communicates through standard Can bus.

Are any of the Racepak dash's capable of direct CAN communication or are there any other products you may recommend? It's been tested running a PCS dash but I feel the PCS leaves a little to be desired in comparison to the IQ3 and others.

Thanks for any help and insight in advance.

·
Registered
192 Posts
There isn't really a "standard" CAN protocol. Many of the standalone ECUs have their own protocol. Racepak has some modules for many of these protocols. If your ECU uses an OE protocol, the Racepak OBDII module may work. Check the Racepak site for more info.

Motec and Pectel/Cosworth have programmable dashes if you have deep pockets.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I saw the Pectel/Cosworth......pretty sure my wife would smother me in my sleep regardless of how nice it is!

And I've gotta get to an area with better internet to be able to load all the ECM software as the internet I have out here at work sucks and I can't load it to check out the exact CAN protocol it runs. I imagine it's likely a Bosch being it's a Cummins.

I plan on calling them when I get to an area where I'm not going to constantly be dropped from the call as I was thinking the same thing on just wiring in an OBDII port to read whatever parameters I deem needed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts