Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my dipshit employees (hired may 4th this year) didn't show up for work today. When a fellow employee text him asking him where he was he replied:

"I got approved for the $600/wk unemployment, so I'm not coming back to work. I didn't want to tell them I quit for no reason so I told them because I didn't want to catch the covid 19"

I have a screen shot of that text message

2 things.. considering we didn't fire him, and he didn't call us or otherwise notify the company that he quit, how can he collect unemployment?

2nd thing, the kid is on parole, and has to check in with probation officer. Last week he got his ankle monitor removed so he could work easier.

A) Is this fraud?
B) am I a dick for wanting to call his PO and tell them the shit bag no call no showed?

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
One of the rules for qualifying for unemployment is fear of contracting the virus.It can be the sole reason to collect.

If you say your skeered , you can collect.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
It is fraud...It did not cause him to lose his job or be furloughed...

I had looked at the application and I remember the question, Did you lose work because of covid ? I think "fear" of being exposed was a legitimate reason. I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
My woman is 66. She drives a school bus. She is on unemployment. Is there a problem with that? Because you know children are just petre dishes full of germs...LOL

She has brough home some serious colds and flu allready

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
I am going back to work monday. Covid has killed all the business in my state.All the dealerships and garages have been shut down. What should I do. Panhandle?Work on junks in my yard? sounds like fun.
My county went to yellow last Friday.I am going in on Monday.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Unfortunately, if he says he's afraid of catching it, he can collect under the current rules. These rules have an expiration, so he won't be able to collect infinitely. My work load is down over 70%, I'd love to have more work right now. I am self employed, so the shutdown hit me pretty hard.

·
Registered
16,685 Posts
My woman is 66. She drives a school bus. She is on unemployment. Is there a problem with that? Because you know children are just petre dishes full of germs...LOL

She has brough home some serious colds and flu allready
That isn’t fraud, which is what this thread is about.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Just another form of Welfare ...
They closed us down.Completly. WTF do you want me to do.

I started with NOTHING 18 years ago, except a new bride. Her and I have ,in 18 years bought and renovated from top to bottom, a beautiful house, in the mountains, both of us have good / new cars, I have restoered a 64 GTO ,its worth about 45K.
We both have jobs, pay taxes , and UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE , which we have collected and used to maintain our quality of life.

You want to guilt someone because of that ?

·
Smart Ass Conservative
105,792 Posts
Fuck him tell his po

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
Put every employee on a 1099, let them fend for themselves when shit like this comes up. No unemployment being a 1099.

·
Registered
7,479 Posts
They closed us down.Completly. WTF do you want me to do.

I started with NOTHING 18 years ago, except a new bride. Her and I have ,in 18 years bought and renovated from top to bottom, a beautiful house, in the mountains, both of us have good / new cars, I have restoered a 65 GTO ,its worth about 45K.
We both have jobs, pay taxes , and UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE , which we have collected and used to maintain our quality of life.

You want to guilt someone because of that ?

Damn !!! And just when I ran out of cookies ...

🙄🙄🙄

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
That isn’t fraud, which is what this thread is about.
I Know. I read the article about the phucksticks in Washington state stealing benefits. It started to sound like a few people were vilifying people for collecting it

Just wanted to set the record straight.It is INSURANCE to pay you for loss in wages due to no fault of your own.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts