Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Should they Drug Test for Unemployment

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was on our local news this morning - should make for a good debate today......

Illegal drug users could lose unemployment benefits

A state senator is expected to introduce a bill that would require all Hoosiers applying for unemployment benefits to sign a drug-free agreement.

A state senator is expected to introduce a bill that would require all Hoosiers applying for unemployment benefits to sign a drug-free agreement.
State Senator Jean Leising said Indiana businesses have complained some job applicants are unqualified for work because they fail drug tests.
"In employers' eyes as well as many Hoosiers' eyes, there is something wrong with the system if unemployment applicants are able to receive taxpayer money that may, in fact, be used to purchase controlled substances and lead to them being unqualified to work," Leising said. "This is an issue legislators need to review."
Senators will hear and vote on Senate Bill 86 this legislative session

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-illegal-drug-users-could-lose-01122011,0,4382925.story

·
Professor
90,869 Posts
WHy just unemployment, why not welfare? And Social Security?

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,709 Posts
do it..i been saying it for yrs..if you cant pass a piss test then how are you going to get a job? almost every job piss test now..so if you cant pass one then you are clearly not interested in getting a job and off unemployment.

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,709 Posts
WHy just unemployment, why not welfare? And Social Security?
welfare needs it also..they need random ones though....social security aint the gov money its your money that they stole from you..if im 65 and retired and want to smoke a joint here and there then i should be damn well able to.

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
This was on our local news this morning - should make for a good debate today......

Illegal drug users could lose unemployment benefits

State Senator Jean Leising said Indiana businesses have complained some job applicants are unqualified for work because they fail drug tests.
"In employers' eyes as well as many Hoosiers' eyes, there is something wrong with the system if unemployment applicants are able to receive taxpayer money that may, in fact, be used to purchase controlled substances and lead to them being unqualified to work," Leising said. "This is an issue legislators need to review."
Senators will hear and vote on Senate Bill 86 this legislative session

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-illegal-drug-users-could-lose-01122011,0,4382925.story
Last time I talked to someone in Indianna, the maximium benefit their was over $400.00 per week... One of the highest in the Country...
That's a lot of DRUGS...

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
welfare needs it also..they need random ones though....social security aint the gov money its your money that they stole from you..if im 65 and retired and want to smoke a joint here and there then i should be damn well able to.
I agree - lets just start with Unemployment and Welfare - and a random screening would be perfect.....

·
Registered
470 Posts
Hell yea drug test for any gov assistance everywhere tired of feeding these bastards with my hard work while they chill get high and make more useless fucking babies they can not afford.

·
Professor
90,869 Posts
Wrong. SS is pay as you go, just like welfare it's not YOUR money.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
81,182 Posts
OUR PUSSY ASS GOVERNMENT WILL NEVER DO IT......THAT'S THE SAD PART.....AND WHO THE FUCK IS EBARNS?

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
should have been mandatory drug testing for the last 20 yrs. I cant even beleive it hasnt been done in all the states

·
THREAD KILLER
5,135 Posts
how much will it cost me to get other people drug tested? will it save more than it cost? or will the money spent equal out only to have wealthy people making more and unemployed dopers trying to steal from me. its all shit and there is no good solution, well im off to work.
Ive never been on unemployment, but reasonable healthcare would be nice.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts