Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what the heck does this mean. i took the family down to D.C. sunday so my 6 year old could visit the lincoln memorial. and see some other museums.

the MLK jr. memorial was being dedicated sunday also. we saw a bunch of t-shirts, but the one mentioned above caught my attention.

i am white. not black. so can someone please tell me what, UNEMPLOYED, THE NEW BLACK means.

i can only think of 2 things. either they think only black people are effected by the high unemployment, or it is what they are aspiring to be.

by the way, i was unemployed for over a year, i just got a job last weak. i lost my house and now have horrible credit. so it happens to white folks too.

·
Fastest mustang roller
3,005 Posts
I usually stay away from political and racial threads but in my opinion I think they were trying to say that black people used to be the ones politicians could care less about, now its unemployed people as a whole.

If u listen to a lot of politicians they always seem to blame people for all their own struggles, which is true sometimes, but sometimes hard working good people go through bad times too.

·
time to go racing yet ?
33,844 Posts
i think melscrilla described it the best .

mean while , for the past 4 yrs i paid into unemployment and self employed and i cant even collect right now i have no work basically . so hopefully those who are not working are enjoying my money i contributed !

·
Registered
333 Posts
Its connected to fashion. Black. Whats current , cool what's soooooo in right now ! I can't believe ya never heard that for any other random topic

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its connected to fashion. Black. Whats current , cool what's soooooo in right now ! I can't believe ya never heard that for any other random topic
now that you mention it, yes i have heard of that. it just didnt register with me then. so if that is what it means then that is pathetic.

oh and i couldnt collect unemployment either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts