Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a system for a number of years but ran into problems trying to get replacement filters. It’s out in the garage now and we’re looking to replace it with another. My wife wants something with local support that’s been around a while; I just don’t want to spend a fortune. There are a 1/2 dozen or so nice, tankless, high flow systems that appear very easy to self-service and take up very little space but they are Amazon type things, no local support. There are two dealers that carry tankless systems but they’re too expensive to just buy, which brings me back to the old style systems with tanks and multiple connections to the filters (Like the one in the garage). The tankless system usually have the water channels built into a manifold so minimal connections and leak possibilities. Anyway, a representative from one company is coming out tomorrow and I’m getting frustrated by it all. Are any of you folks using an under sink system? What did you get? Did you buy or rent? Thoughts/advice?

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
I have a Hague Watermax system. It has a tank of about 4-5 gallons in size. It is mounted in the basement under where the kitchen sink is,
They claimed the water would be very close to as pure as distilled. I don't know exactly, but it delivers VERY pure water. I bought it outright.
It really works well. Would buy another again.

Reactions: 99PanozAIV

·
Registered
810 Posts
This is what i recently bought.
We really like it. I had new kitchen built at same time so I had a roll out made so I can easily change filters and service it.
I also added a boost pump so I makes water faster and Refrigerator water fills faster.
20200802_140223.jpg

·
Registered
20,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^^

that looks very similar to the system I just removed. Great idea on the pull out section. Ours was mounted on one of the side walls inside the cabinet. I’d get fucking claustrophobic trying to get at it.

·
Registered
41,253 Posts
ROs are great but they choke on iron, may want to look into that. A manganese pre-filter is the usual remedy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts