Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 337 Posts

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Here are some pics of a friends Nova (Heath Butler), he tubbed the car out in the early 90's......now he's ready to back to stock suspension. We found a doner car with good floors and are ready to begin the process. It is a solid car to begin with, it had new GM fenders & new GM quarters hung on it a few years back.

This isnt fabrication style work , but I thought it would go good in this section of the Bullet.I will post updates as I go along.

Mike Barry

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Hi Mike,
Looks like a nice project. Did the Nova happen to have a ladder bar setup in it, before yall started the stock suspention work?
I'm looking at doing something like this to a 66 Mustang fastback. I had a Ladder bar setup, and will be installing the stock sheetmetal in the rear, redoing the leafspring mounts, and shock mounts.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi Mike,
Looks like a nice project. Did the Nova happen to have a ladder bar setup in it, before yall started the stock suspention work?
I'm looking at doing something like this to a 66 Mustang fastback. I had a Ladder bar setup, and will be installing the stock sheetmetal in the rear, redoing the leafspring mounts, and shock mounts.
Yes the car had Competition Engineering frame rails with Chassis Engineering ladder bars and Strange coil overs. Also had 36" wheel tubs.
The car is going back to leaf spring- Caltrac stuff. Mini tubbed, with offset shackles

Mike is doing an excellent job up to this point and I could not be happier!!!!

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
It's funny...almost same parts. I had 28-10.5's in my Mustang, with the Comp frame rails and Chassis ladderbar setup, Chassis brand coil-overs too. My big challange is getting the middle section sheet metal for a Mustang, and new frame rails sections.
Good luck with the project!

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
Mike,

Get off the computer and back out in the garage. You got work to do there fella!

Cecil opens the end of February ya know! lol

Looks good so far. Can't wait to see it back to stock.

Todd

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here are some pics of the donor floor section being sand blasted.
It will be nice to work with clean metal, makes real easy to find all of the oem spot welds.

I should have some more updates by the end of this week, enjoy!

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
Looks good Mike!

·
draggin' ass
13,414 Posts
I am glad we will start to see this much more often in the future. The collectors world is reverting back to stock sheet metal from the custom and pro street years. The racing sceen is also becoming more strict on chassis and suspension limitations. Great choice to save a other wise really nice car and keep the pics coming!

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
John (a1elec), as far as the actual wieght......not sure......but two guys can carry it around fairly easy. I will try and wiegh it before it goes under the car.

Thanks John S.

Rob.....lets wait until both fenders need fixing.....then we can do a two for one special !

1 - 20 of 337 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.