·
Registered
7,720 Posts

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: OFFICIAL ADRL UPDATE THURSDAY THREAD

The official ADRL pre-race party for the ADRL Hardee’s Georgia Drags VI happens tomorrow (Thursday, Apr. 22) from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. at the Creekside Tavern in Valdosta, Georgia.
Creekside Tavern’s Elizabeth Parr said the restaurant is probably best-known for its delicious steak and seafood, featuring premium Sterling Silver beef, but offers a widely varied menu to please all palates.
Not just a dining establishment, though, the Creekside will be rockin’ to two live bands Thursday night, with the three-member Mojo Poets taking over the outdoor patio at 6:30 p.m. with its eclectic mix of acoustic modern rock, while High Fidelity will crank out the classic tunes on the main stage indoors starting at 8:30 p.m. with a DJ taking over about three hours later.
Creekside Tavern is located at 1405 Gornto Road, Valdosta, GA 31601 and can be reached at (229) 293-7377 for directions or additional information.

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: *** OFFICIAL ADRL UPDATE THREAD ***

Picture-Perfect Present for Mickey Thompson

Before the ADRL Hardee’s Georgia Drags VI got underway at South Georgia Motorsports Park this weekend, Pro Extreme team co-owner Camp Stanley (left) presented Mickey Thompson Motorsports Manager Carl Robinson with a striking, mounted photo of the “Appalachia on Steroids” ‘68 Camaro driven by his son, John Stanley.
“Mickey Thompson gets a lot of attention for their tires in the Extreme 10.5 class, but we thought they deserved some recognition for the great tires they provide to the Pro Extreme and Pro Nitrous teams,” Stanley explained. “So we had this photo made just to say thanks and let Carl and everyone at Mickey Thompson know that we appreciate all their hard work.”
(ADRL/Richards photo)

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Spotted in the SGMP Pits

Who’s that hiding behind those Foster Grants (or whatever brand of shades J.R. Todd is wearing)?
Your Agent spotted the on-again, off-again Top Fuel pilot packing parachutes in the Al-Anabi pits at the ADRL Hardee’s Georgia Drags on Thursday afternoon.
Hmmmmm, is a Pro Extreme position in play for the proven performer? Or could the presence of Larry Dixon at South Georgia Motorsports Park mean something else, too?
Your Agent has to wonder.
(ADRL/Richards photo)

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Just Audio ...... unless some of you want to step up and foot the cost of "RENTIN THE BIRD" ;)

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Glidden Not in Georgia

Conspicuous by their absence from the Extreme 10.5 ranks at South Georgia Motorsports Park is former class champion Billy Glidden and his Mickey Thompson-backed Mustang.
Glidden called to explain he’s been fighting tow vehicle trouble since the Houston event last month and it’s been eating up his time and energy.
“I’ve had problems with this truck since the day I got it,” Glidden said. “I’m also trying to put together a sponsorship deal to get a new truck, but so far no luck.”
Glidden also said he’s been working on fitting a new Sonny’s 528-cubic-inch engine under the hood, but fabrication of new mounting points is taking longer than anticipated.
“We worked to nearly midnight last night, but it became obvious we weren’t going to be able to make it,” the Whiteland, IN-based racer said. “We could’ve driven all night to get there, but the car isn’t really ready and I don’t trust that truck at all right now, so we just decided to play it safe and sit this one out.”
(ADRL/McHugh file photo)
April 23, 2010 - 11:18 AM
And We’re Under Way ...

Promptly at 11 a.m., the opening round of qualifying for the ADRL Hardee’s Georgia Drags VI began with Extreme Pro Stock competitors Sylvester Barnes (far lane) and Ron Miller being the first pair out of the water box. Neither Barnes or Miller made a full pass after both cars drifted out of the groove at South Georgia Motorsports Park.
Sixteen XPS cars made passes in the opening session, with Pete Berner’s Summit GXP leading the way after a 4.09-second performance.
(ADRL/Tocher photo)

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Barklage Crashes Hard in Q2

Cody Barklage of Lake Ozark, Missouri, was uninjured in a heavy crash into the right wall of South Georgia Motorsports Park (SGMP) during round two of Pro Extreme qualifying for the ADRL Hardee’s Georgia Drags VI.
Barklage, who started from the left lane, lost traction almost immediately off the launch and crossed over behind John Stanley, who safely made it down the right lane.
“It made a pretty abrupt turn and I cocked the (steering) wheel back, but there really wasn’t much I could do for it,” the young driver told the SGMP crowd in an interview with ADRL announcer Bret Kepner.
Barklage quickly exited the burning car while trackside ADRL safety workers brought the fire under control.
“It was hard to see, but I could feel the heat, that’s for sure,” Barklage said. “At first I got excited and started panicking trying to get out, but then I thought about what I was doing and just did what I’ve been trained to do.”
A full sequence will be posted at www.ADRL.us shortly.
(ADRL/Bunsold photo)
April 23, 2010 - 3:51 PM
Top Qualifiers - Q1

Number-one qualifiers after one session (top to bottom):
Pro Extreme—Frankie Taylor 3.733/200.92
Pro Nitrous—Jim Halsey 3.895/196.76
Extreme 10.5—Todd Moyer 4.087/192.06
Extreme Pro Stock—Pete Berner 4.096/177.60
Pro Extreme Motorcycle—Ashley Owens 4.201/170.41
(ADRL/Tocher photos)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts