Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some opinions from experience with these cams being hard on valvetrain parts in a BBC. I'm currently running one and have heard stories but you know how that goes. Thanks.

·
Registered
725 Posts
built 2 sbc using there cams made a lot of power but haven't delt with them since they were boughtout by bullet cams the last I heard there big cam man harold something moved on to lunati not sure if he's still there

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
What are some opinions from experience with these cams being hard on valvetrain parts in a BBC. I'm currently running one and have heard stories but you know how that goes. Thanks.
Harold Brookshire owned and designed most if not all of the cams. He's know for designing camshafts that are very easy of valve trains.

Blessings..........Ron.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm running a ultradyne solid flat tapped in my 463 Pontiac, it's been a great cam for me.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Bullet still has all the old Ultradyne masters available. AFAIK, Harold did no design work for them. I ran his cams from the early '90's up until the end, and even after that using Bullet. No problems, even on circle track engines, flat and roller tappet. His philosophy was to keep the intake valve closed as long as possible, then open it as fast as possible, then set it down easy (asymmetrical lobes). His duration @ .050 vs duration @ .200 lift figures were pretty far advanced for the time, and are still good today. IMO, the "hard on valvetrain parts" rumors were from people that didn't keep up on maintenance, or didn't put enough spring on them to begin with.
mw

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
It really depends on the profile you get, the base circle ETC. Tim Goolsby use to work for Harold for years and is a good cam designer and I have sent a lot of people his way and those people have been veery happy with the porduct.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
For Bullet cams ?
The thread is about "Ultradyne", but I would guess that some of the masters they currently have are from Harold. I said "some".

Blessings........Ron.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts