Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my current setup on my 2000 trans am, everything on it seems to fit the rules, except for my turbo location. Would this be acceptable? If not would I be able to just put blockers in so it wouldn't be considered ram air? I saw in the rules it says no ram air facing turbos. Just wondering for the future I plan to become a class filler. LOL

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Nope!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not even if I block the holes? When I switch to the 76 or 80mm most likely I'll bring it back up top sidewayz!

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Yeah, block the holes and it is good from what I have seen! There are a few cars in the same boat, the goal is to not have ram air to the inlet of the turbo.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Define ram air
This....

I've seen some guys with the turbo turned sideways in front of the engine, but had a sheet metal "ram air" an inch under the bumper probably 18" wide, then it funneled into a round inlet to the turbo...

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
This....

I've seen some guys with the turbo turned sideways in front of the engine, but had a sheet metal "ram air" an inch under the bumper probably 18" wide, then it funneled into a round inlet to the turbo...
If tech did their job, that entry would have been illegal until they removed the sheet metal "ram air".

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
Block it off and you are good to go.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts