Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the forums and could not find anything so here I go. I've heard of mixed messages on using an ultrabell in higher horsepower applications. My new combination could make around 1300-1400hp depending on how far I want to push it (and if i've got the balls to go that far :D). I spoke to a very reputable transmission shop today and they suggested not using an ultrabell because of the way it is mounted to the transmission.

It is very tight in the trans tunnel and to put a CSR case in would require cutting out the floor and installing an aftermarket tunnel.

I know there are a ton of people using them but anybody out there making that kind of power in a 3200+ pound car?

If so are you running a motor and mid plate?

·
Super Moderator
19,480 Posts
No problem with the ultrabells here on high HP applications. There are TH400's running in the 5 sec zone in pro mod with a Browell or Trick Titanium can bolted to the pump the same way an ultrabell mounts for what its worth.

Hutch

·
Horsepower and Hops
4,574 Posts
Wow. That truck is wicked. If it holds up in that thing..... I need to get one for my 400 soon.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I've used an Ultrabell for years behind my 598 F3R combo with no problems. Come down hard a few times from wheel stands with no harm done to the trans. 3500lbs 8.1 at 171mph.

·
Butch
8,208 Posts
I searched the forums and could not find anything so here I go. I've heard of mixed messages on using an ultrabell in higher horsepower applications. My new combination could make around 1300-1400hp depending on how far I want to push it (and if i've got the balls to go that far :D). I spoke to a very reputable transmission shop today and they suggested not using an ultrabell because of the way it is mounted to the transmission.

It is very tight in the trans tunnel and to put a CSR case in would require cutting out the floor and installing an aftermarket tunnel.

I know there are a ton of people using them but anybody out there making that kind of power in a 3200+ pound car?

If so are you running a motor and mid plate?
Never seen an issue or heard of one, know a few guys running them in fast applications

I would like to see JW make a lock plate for them, sort of like a cam lock plate, where after torqued your pry the tab over the bolts head. This would be worth the added protection and cost

1 - 6 of 6 Posts