Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 361 Posts

·
Registered
16,049 Posts
What, couldn't you just give them all hydroxychloroquine?

·
Registered
16,049 Posts

·
Registered
13,663 Posts
I was wondering if his ship has now reached the point of being combat ineffective. If that were true, he'd be relieved regardless. The CO always takes the fall. And a carrier on deployment that can't fully function is a very big deal. Take care. Tom Worthington

·
Idiot Savant
163,917 Posts
I told my wife his career was over when I read that first report.

12th General Order....Never embarrass a senior officer.

·
YB Managing Editor
49,538 Posts
I was wondering if his ship has now reached the point of being combat ineffective. If that were true, he'd be relieved regardless. The CO always takes the fall. And a carrier on deployment that can't fully function is a very big deal. Take care. Tom Worthington

It's docked in Guam now,

·
Registered
1,740 Posts

·
SMOKED IT
3,582 Posts
Sounds like the Captain followed the chain and didn’t get a response. Why hasn’t there been a Navy Secretary appointed? These problems usually start at the top with the Cammander-in-Chief.

Always looking to point a finger at the President. You really need to get over your TDS. The CO of that ship was rightly concerned. If, as you say, you were ever in the Military, you would know that he jeporidized his ship and his crew by reporting his concenrs outside the chain of command, and by using an unsecured server. Grounds for immediate removal, which will probably result in a justified court martial.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Always looking to point a finger at the President. You really need to get over your TDS. The CO of that ship was rightly concerned. If, as you say, you were ever in the Military, you would know that he jeporidized his ship and his crew by reporting his concenrs outside the chain of command, and by using an unsecured server. Grounds for immediate removal, which will probably result in a justified court martial.
The Captain sent the letter up his chain of command. It sound that another ship officer leaked the letter to the media after there was action taken.
Strangely after the letter was leaked, the navy did what the captain suggested. He was probably glad to be relieved of command of that train wreck.
Cozier’s letter, which was first published by the San Francisco Chronicle, was reportedly sent up the captain’s immediate chain of command in a “non-secure, unclassified” email that included “20 or 30” additional recipients, acting Navy Secretary Thomas Modly told reporters Thursday.

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
The Captain sent the letter up his chain of command. It sound that another ship officer leaked the letter to the media after there was action taken.
Strangely after the letter was leaked, the navy did what the captain suggested. He was probably glad to be relieved of command of that train wreck.
Well that say's it all right there... Do you include everyone in emails to show them you're in trouble?

"Cozier’s letter, which was first published by the San Francisco Chronicle, was reportedly sent up the captain’s immediate chain of command in a “non-secure, unclassified” email that included “20 or 30” additional recipients, acting Navy Secretary Thomas Modly told reporters Thursday. "

·
Smart Ass Conservative
104,205 Posts

·
Smart Ass Conservative
104,205 Posts

·
Registered
36,188 Posts
I'd be surprised if it results in a court martial but you never know about the Trump haters in the Pentagon when they decide to go on a power trip and make an example of somebody. The article says "expected to keep his rank and remain in the Navy", so we'll see.

The news said earlier he's suspected of leaking the story to the Chronicle. Wonder if that's been confirmed.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
1 - 20 of 361 Posts