Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
YB Managing Editor
51,162 Posts
Yup Government intervention into the private sector had nothing to do with it. :roll:
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
What a fucking stupid cartoon.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Forcing entities to provide care to people who cannot pay has nothing to do with it either, right?

Funny the same bleeding hearts that want everyone covered are the same that bitch when those in the industry have to raise rates to cover the additional cost.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I just want health insurance to be like car insurance... if I'm a good driver I get cheap rates... If I'm not overweight, smoke, etc... I should get cheap rates. I read that upwards of 60% of Americans are overweight - Charge them for their poor health choices and give me a fuckin' break.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I just want health insurance to be like car insurance... if I'm a good driver I get cheap rates... If I'm not overweight, smoke, etc... I should get cheap rates. I read that upwards of 60% of Americans are overweight - Charge them for their poor health choices and give me a fuckin' break.
x2 on what your saying.. but you have to be careful. Actuaries can put a risk assessment factor on anything they are asked to with enough data.. so you may end up being just as risky to the insurance co because you race and have a street and dirt bike and a swimming pool or play rec softball etc as some fat ass who smokes and lays around all day stuffing twinkies while playing call of duty.. it's a slippery slope. You obviously could hide those lifestyle choices a little easier than the fat ass but it might end up worse. Insurance companies aren't gonna give up any profits - they cry about the obamacare 80/20 provision but the only businesses their size that have > 20% GP other than them are banks and defense contractors.. see the pattern ?

·
Registered
19,501 Posts
We should have a company who insures low risk ppl like someone said earlier, Non smokers, non drinkers, married etc, in OK shape. Why should i pay for the fat fucks and the rest of the shit.

·
Yellowbullet Overlord
26,892 Posts
x2 on what your saying.. but you have to be careful. Actuaries can put a risk assessment factor on anything they are asked to with enough data.. so you may end up being just as risky to the insurance co because you race and have a street and dirt bike and a swimming pool or play rec softball etc as some fat ass who smokes and lays around all day stuffing twinkies while playing call of duty.. it's a slippery slope. You obviously could hide those lifestyle choices a little easier than the fat ass but it might end up worse. Insurance companies aren't gonna give up any profits - they cry about the obamacare 80/20 provision but the only businesses their size that have > 20% GP other than them are banks and defense contractors.. see the pattern ?
People who drown and die on motorized vehicles rack up no health care costs.

Obesity and Cancer on the other hand...

·
Yellowbullet Overlord
26,892 Posts
We should have a company who insures low risk ppl like someone said earlier, Non smokers, non drinkers, married etc, in OK shape. Why should i pay for the fat fucks and the rest of the shit.
It's not even the fat fucks. It's the non-insurance and no money people that the system has to absorbe.

·
Put Custom Title HERE!...
56,427 Posts
But statistically, Black males live a shorter lifespan than same height/weight Whites!...
Should we open the "can of worms" by charging different rates for different individual, races and genders?... :confused:

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
if there behavior and self imposed circumstances dictate their choices are causing them to be in a higher risk group, YES. If genetics are a factor then NO. We have to make people who make poor choices in life carry their own load, much as they (liberals) don't want to.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts