Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you leave your cars in gear or in neutral?? I always leave mine in neutral because i was told it would ruin a set of planetary gears. is this true or a old tell??

·
Yellowbullet Overlord
27,543 Posts
I have always always thought this was a old wives tale. Will the rocking in the trailer really cause more wear then the abuse the trans sees on the track?

·
NEAR PERFECT
3,829 Posts
Shit back in the day I went out first round at Milan Saturday afternoon drove the car in the trailer put it in park shut the door drove like hell to detroit just in time to make one time run and went 4 rounds. No tie downs right down I-94 90 mph.lol

·
Registered
481 Posts
I'll usually snug the straps down in park so it stays put... then I'll pop it in neutral to crank the straps good and tight. That way it's not pulling on the parking pawl.
Once everything is cranked down tight, I pop it back into park.

If (God forbid) a car comes loose and rolls off the trailer... the LAST fucking thing I want it to do is free-wheel down the road in neutral with nobody behind the wheel.

At least if the car is in PARK, it will come to a stop quickly and by itself.

The biggest thing I notice... is towing in the rain, the straps will stretch/loosen to the point they will almost unhook themselves.

On a long trip, it's always a good idea to stop occasionally and go over the tie-downs to be safe.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.