Gas Passer
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
My grandson is eight and almost as big as me. :eek:

It's rough being a midget. lol

·
Registered
458 Posts
Any bean oil smells BAUM BAY..Learned bean olis not good for a air cooled 2 stroker..The bean oil is for watercooled..I had no clue rings got stuck in the ring lands..Nothing a can of wd40 did not fix...I went straight to Yamalube never had any issues after that..This was on a cr450r highly modified..

·
OG Member since 9/7/06
16,843 Posts
Any bean oil smells BAUM BAY..Learned bean olis not good for a air cooled 2 stroker..The bean oil is for watercooled..I had no clue rings got stuck in the ring lands..Nothing a can of wd40 did not fix...I went straight to Yamalube never had any issues after that..This was on a cr450r highly modified..
That's funny as a 450r is a 4 stroke..........

·
Gas Passer
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
What about oil in the crankcase? He has moved up to the KX 85. Stout little bike with much better shocks than the KX 65.

I liked the Honda HP two stroke oil to mix with the gas but Pro circuit recommends Castor 927. The HP did not smoke at all. So I've been mixing Castor 927 in Renegade SX fuel, which is oxygenated. Not quite as good as MRxO2 but still much better than pump gas and about 2/3rds the cost of VP.

Any suggestions on brand and type of crank case oil? I have used Joe Gibbs synthetic because that's what I use in my race car until recently. Tony at BES prefers Royal Purple in his engines. I realize this isn't a 4-stroke 432 ci Ford race engine. What do you guys recommend for an 85 cc 2 stroke in the crankcase and why? Thanks! James

·
Registered
245 Posts
Having 10 or so two strokes with various mix ratios, its tough to beat Opti-2. Full syn. w/ stabilizer. One can for all avoids stale gas and multiple containers. Full Syn. Leaves no gum or varnish, min. Smoke, solves the ethanol plague. Double warranty on any engine damage. I’ve been sold for years.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
I have been riding and racing a million years. have used them all, even the Walmart cheap stuff. I prefer Maxima 927 at 30:1.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts