Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Gas Passer
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to two strokes. What brand and type oil do you mix with your gas? Also, what type gas? Thanks! James

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
Amsoil 100:1 synthetic in premium fuel. I never put regular with ethanol in any power equipment.

·
Gas Passer
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know with the short stroke of a 5.0 or 302 it's tough to get a lot of compression without a domed piston. Does this hold true with a little 65cc engine? What can be done to hop these things up? I know they make an aftermarket exhaust and reed valve; do they actually help? What about oxygenated fuel?

·
Gas Passer
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At 15,000 RPM's or whatever this thing spins, how much quench is safe? Is the rod steel or aluminum? Can I zero deck this thing and shave the Head to get 11:1 or more compression? I think it's only 9:1 now.

·
Gas Passer
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Inquiring minds want to know! lol

·
Registered
66 Posts
I do a lot of 2 strokes. Red Line oil. There is no advantage to leaning out the oil. I run 40 to 1. On my street bike 32 to 1. As far as squish between head and piston. .050 is a safe place. I put a piece of solder on top of the piston and turn the motor over by hand and measure.

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
If you can remove the cylinder from crank case make a spacer out of 1/8 steel and then shave the top to remove the 1/8" , it changes the port timing , that will get you some

·
Registered
555 Posts
El Ray H1R is all I use. Some people complain about the smell. I try to ride fast enough to outrun it and let the next guy worry about it. It's very clean on the powervalves, too.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
If you can remove the cylinder from crank case make a spacer out of 1/8 steel and then shave the top to remove the 1/8" , it changes the port timing , that will get you some
Excellent advice...The head is actually the cylinder as far as smoothing ports,etc. And a lot can be achieved by doing this..I have also run with no head gasket to get a little more comp., and exh. pipes are important...

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
I know with the short stroke of a 5.0 or 302 it's tough to get a lot of compression without a domed piston. Does this hold true with a little 65cc engine? What can be done to hop these things up? I know they make an aftermarket exhaust and reed valve; do they actually help? What about oxygenated fuel?

What bike are you using? Or is this a bicycle motor add on?

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Yamalube and Highest octane available at the pump.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
that is the only 2 stroke oil I Will use in any of the bikes...
That's like buying Harley oil.

You can get a lot better Oil for half the price. Not saying it's bad Oil, it's probably great Oil but anytime you buy something with a big manufacturers logo on it your paying a premium price for what is usually an average product.

Post #8 sums it up well. A little dated but the sentiment remains the same.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/734335/Re:_Who_Makes_Yamalube_and_is_

Oil threads are funny, everyone is convinced the brand they use is "the best", probably cause the scamsoil guy or whoever they buy it from said so and everything else is just junk.

Disclaimer, I use the term scamsoil in a loving way, it's fantastic Oil. Just not the Unicorn pussy juice some think it is

·
Gas Passer
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Why would you recommend the highest octane when he hasn't even said what the bike is?

Btw....what the fuck kind of bike are we talking about?
Kawasaki KX65; I'm only 5'3". lol
Seriously, it's my grandsons.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts