Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A friend of mine bought a turbo setup for a 8.2 sbf has a single s400 88 with twin wastegates on it 60mm at that. Not sure of the gate situation so thinking of blocking one off and using one gate.
Any thoughts about this or keeping it the way it is would be helpful. Also the housing is a t6 divided if that helps. thanks

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
i have 2 but they are 38mm tial's. can hold boost at 4lbs so your over kill for sure unless they are in the worst location possible. this is how mine are.

·
Registered
566 Posts
On a divided housing you really want 2 gates, yes 60s are big for your application but unless you are having trouble with boost dropping dramatically which I doubt leave them be. A single gate on a split housing is never a good idea.

·
Registered
185 Posts
A friend of mine bought a turbo setup for a 8.2 sbf has a single s400 88 with twin wastegates on it 60mm at that. Not sure of the gate situation so thinking of blocking one off and using one gate.
Any thoughts about this or keeping it the way it is would be helpful. Also the housing is a t6 divided if that helps. thanks
I was wondering almost the same thing, except it's twin Turbonetics 45MM wastegates.... On a s/b 364 with 88 GT4788...
Is this the way to go or not?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts