Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This on a street driven foxbody with a DFI(Fast Classic Bank-to-Bank) 427W, 10.5:1, TEA 240cc HPs, fully ported SuperVic with Dominator flange making just over 500rwhp with a mild solid roller. Will be running e85. This is a Pony Down kit which comes with the 60s standard and the next step up is to 72s, 76s, or 78s which is a $399 upgrade no matter which size is chosen. Again, it is 99% street car. I haven't been to the track in about 5+ years. Would like to go back but probably will never go that often. Will the 60s get me into the 700-800rwhp range and is it likely that there will be backpressure issues?

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Doesnt make sense in the 399$ upgrade as just about all their basic cast t4’s are same price give or take. Unless that is using their billet wheels. See if they offer any of the t4 hurricanes in 6265, 6665 or a custom t4 6668

65-68 mm turbines will do that power. I ran master powers 60 compressors 65 p trim turbines on my mild 400. Spool was super fast and violent lol and made easy 700 whp on like 15-16 lbs on a very mild 400 sbc. Afr 195 and a 233 hyd roller. No real issues, very fun pump gas street car
I ran the 7268 hurricanes on my more racey 400 sbc. Spool was still fast but bigger heads and cam. Good for 1200+ whp.

You have more base motor than you need but if the 60mm can be had in a .81-.96 ar t4 with 65 mm turbine wheel or the 68 you will be golden

·
Registered
5,786 Posts
Depends on the hot side sizing on the turbine wheel and housing A/R. Details??

Got busy and got tree'd, LOL

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MODEL COMP WHEEL COMP.INLET/OUTLET TURBINE WHEEL TURBINE HOUSING TURBINE HOUSING INLET/OUTLET JOURNAL BEARINGNUMBER BALL BEARING
T4 60 SERIES H61 4.0"/2.5" F1-65 T4 0.81 A/R 4-bolt / 3" V-band 11396 11396-BB

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The above post didn't come out too good. Do over.

MODEL
T4 60 SERIES

COMP WHEEL
H61

COMP.INLET/OUTLET
4.0"/2.5"

TURBINE WHEEL
F1-65

TURBINE HOUSING
T4 0.81 A/R H61

TURBINE HOUSING INLET/OUTLET
4-bolt / 3" V-band

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I think it will do it. It will be close to all done tho with those cubes. It will spool stupid quick tho. My .81 ar f1-68 72’s were quick. It be nicer to have a 66 comp and 68 turbine with the .96 ar but those can do those goals imo

Id still ask why the uprate charge of 399? They should be same price

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Plain jane s366s with the large 80/73 turbine for 500 bucks and done

Do everything better than a pair of ptrim on that setup and have a quality product

·
Registered
5,786 Posts
I'm with ZBrown on this one. I sold a set of 6765 Precision turbos for the same reason and I'm only 403CID. Bought SXE369's to replace them. On a tighter budget I would have gone with 366's.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Yeah the s300’s are more budget but also slightly larger in size. Not by a lot tho. Idk what the kit looks like or how much room you got. But the quality of turbonetics is good in my experience. They have a good warranty in case anything happens

·
Registered
386 Posts
Looking at this exact setup and was wondering the same thing about the 60’s being too small on a Dart Iron Eagle 347..

Have you ordered the kit yet? Heard really great things about the quality..

·
Registered
716 Posts
6065s you are limiting yourself to your goal, 7268s to start with would give you alot more room to make more power when you want to make more, especially the upgrade is less than 10% the cost of the kit total...will be much more expesnive when you inevitably want to upgrade in the 3 months :)

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think it will do it. It will be close to all done tho with those cubes. It will spool stupid quick tho. My .81 ar f1-68 72’s were quick. It be nicer to have a 66 comp and 68 turbine with the .96 ar but those can do those goals imo

Id still ask why the uprate charge of 399? They should be same price
I really am not sure why the upgrade if they should all be the same price. I will ask for sure though. I will probably go with the 72s. Since I am 99% street, I was concerned that the going from 60s to 72s might be a big jump and not be as responsive, but I was suspecting the 60s, although capable of meeting my goals, would be maxed out pretty quickly.

Looking at this exact setup and was wondering the same thing about the 60’s being too small on a Dart Iron Eagle 347..

Have you ordered the kit yet? Heard really great things about the quality..
No, I haven't ordered the kit. I spent the better part of a year saving the money up for the kit and other changes. Now I am second guessing, thought I was going to go with a Procharger F1A, but can't shake the bad experiece I had with both product, a P600, and customer service, many years ago.

6065s you are limiting yourself to your goal, 7268s to start with would give you alot more room to make more power when you want to make more, especially the upgrade is less than 10% the cost of the kit total...will be much more expesnive when you inevitably want to upgrade in the 3 months :)
I hear you, I have already spent a good chunk of change over the past 14 years with this car doing things over that should have been done right to begin with. Hard lesson sometimes.

Thanks for all the feedback. It has been helpful

1 - 15 of 15 Posts