Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellas

Twin 88's in a BBF. SS (28x10.5) Fox body mustang with a tube front end. I'm new to the turbo world and I'm trying to get some input on where the best (or better) choice is for locating them as it pertains to height and nose weight. I'd like them to be forward facing and in line with the frame rails on each side. I'd assume the lower the better while keeping in mind oiling for them. I'm concerned that too high and the car would be wheelie happy or conversely, it wouldn't transfer weight very well. Any thoughts would be awesome. Thanks

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
Honestly, there are so many considerations for mounting turbos that seem more important to me. Exhaust to and from the turbine, access to cooler air for the compressor inlet and preferably gravity feed oil drains though this can be dealt with using an auxiliary sump with pump. I would put them where ever they fit and meet that criteria. If you can get them low, that would be a bonus. Fortunately you have more room with the tubular front end but there will still be space constraints that will require compormise.

I've got twin turbos mounted on my car that fit without cutting up the frame rails or any major mods to other parts of the body. I also have the inlet air filters on each one located in the fender wells. As it turned out I can even pull the engine/trans with the turbos, wastegates and some of the exhaust attached which is nice for maintenance. All of this took a lot of figuring and was a pain to fabricate but has worked well for 12 years so far.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts