Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone on here with a 3rd Gen camaro / firebird , that’s Twin turbo LS? Needing some help/ ideas for turbo placement, hot & cold side plumbing!!! Thanks in advanced!!
just to try and make life a little easier and save some headache, piping, and welding wire!!
yes I’ve seen the cxracing kits. Already fabricated the valve covers to make up for the headers.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
To make your fab life easier for turbo placement. Most guys take 3” out of those collectors then weld the v-band back one.

On the newer Flowtech sets. They have made this change and they are shorter already.

·
Banned
102 Posts
^^^that and buy the V-banded prefabbed elbows and spin them out towards the headlight, not be in behind the radiator. If you have it that far torn apart I would mock one up as is, and then try to duplicate the otherside.

Design principles:

Keep
It
Simple
Stupid

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^^^that and buy the V-banded prefabbed elbows and spin them out towards the headlight, not be in behind the radiator. If you have it that far torn apart I would mock one up as is, and then try to duplicate the otherside.

Design principles:

Keep
It
Simple
Stupid
There’s are the flow techs... but I think we’re making progress. I wasn’t sure about being able to rotate the inner piece and the exhaust side Of the compressor without issue but Found out all 3 sections of the compressor rotate individually to be placed better. Thanks

·
Registered
364 Posts
Wow, that's pretty clean - get ready to start making it messy.

If you're using china 'kits', then you need to start making them fit (cut,weld, repeat). The end result is function over form.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, that's pretty clean - get ready to start making it messy.

If you're using china 'kits', then you need to start making them fit (cut,weld, repeat). The end result is function over form.
All the hot and cold side we are gonna do ourselves , just out of a mild steel tubing kit. This was last years set up.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Yeah typical twin thirdgen fbods get them behind the headlight areas, downpipes out the sides or go under and out the back of the car

1 - 8 of 8 Posts