Yellow Bullet Forums banner

61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Wow. I'm not at all a Chev guy, but I have respect for the LS. I think your build is wicked. Props bro.
To all the haters...let it go, it's just a car.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
If you wanted to build a real stang you would have gone a lot faster with either a Sbf or a coyote. I hate your car and hate people who drop a non ford engine into a mustang. Garbage shit sucks"......

Not a car guy. (at all). Is this you in the Orange top, "Pro-sc"?

·
Registered
293 Posts
I love this build. because of it and the blue one up the hill in paradise which im sure your familiar with im planning on doing the same thing to my 67 coupe. it's at the chassis shop now if I can ever get my damn Camaro done and free up some cash. Good luck getting it into the 8's.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Baggins,

Nice build, as for the windsor......lol I put it a GTO. Need your stang and Andrews Cougar side by side at a car show or track next to my GTO to confuse everyone. lol....

·
Registered
293 Posts
Baggins is that a 4" cowl?

I noticed in you build thread that it did not have the blister added to the hood and it later "appeared"

what was hitting? the throttle body? did it clear the holley high ram prior to installing the 417 motor sports intercooler?

thanks

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
So I recently pulled my gen4 4.8 in favor of swapping in an aluminum gen4 5.3 that i went through and opened up the gaps on. The only reason I even pulled the motor was because i had to send the converter back to ptc to be loosened up, so i figured may as well try out the 5.3. Little did i know the 4.8 was on its last leg.

I had no idea i had bent the rods, no sign of loss in power, no knocking, nothing. All 8 look just like this one. Anyways got lucky that I didnt window the block.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Damn, on the full computer screen you really get a good overall of that fucker!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Taking the new combo to the track for the first time tomorrow. Shootin for that 8 second pass. Chute went on today.

·
Registered
19,613 Posts
Post up if you get to the track, def love the car-we have been trying to get tracks open on the east
coast, weather is crazy, now 18 degs and snow coming, lol

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #74

Not the best outting. Either the transmission is smoked of the converters way off. All kinds of engine rpm but no wheel speed

·
Registered
16,365 Posts
Not the best outting. Either the transmission is smoked of the converters way off. All kinds of engine rpm but no wheel speed
What does the converter stall with no boost?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Changed a few things up on the car. Different intake lid, changed the intercooler, th400 to now a powerglide and put the stock hood back on. Couldnt be happier with the new look.

61 - 80 of 85 Posts