21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
What has it run at 19psi? I'm going to try 22 next lol

·
Registered
106 Posts
the car looks awesome!! do you have anymore pics of the front suspension?? going to have to do something like this to my car, trying to "cheat and notch" the towers for room, but it isnt working

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
the 4.8 with the 289 fender badges is so awesome

great job getting it all in that tiny bay and look so nice

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
Here is the build thread...

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=529781

Alot of things changed over the time of the build, the built motor was sold off to fund other parts on the car and it slowly evolved from more of a street car to what it ended up as now. I must say im very happy with the ride quality. That being said the manual steering is a bear and i need to figure out a way to get my steering arms closer to level.

The car has been in my family since the 80s and was stopped being driven in 1992 then I got it running for a bit in high school around 2004. After that it sat and sat and sat.

The seats are Corbeau GTS II in black leather

·
Registered
95 Posts
For some reason the pics do not show up on my computer. I have a 68 fastback I am building and purchased the AJE K-member but not sure on options with the front as far as struts and spindles. What did you use. AJE is really pushing their stuff on me, but I want to run Fox body stuff if I can get to work.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Had me going until the engine! Really? An LSx in a classic Stang?

Looks awesome, anyways!

·
Registered
106 Posts
just looked at the build link, all the pics are there on my end....
Looks great!! was looking to see more pice of the front strut set up and there they were, that give me some more ideas... what make it so hard to steer???
and yes, dont paint it it looks sick just like that!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Its got the quick ratio manual flaming river rack on it and the steering arms are at about a 30* upward slope to the spindle. This is all that i could do with the coilover setup that came with the aje colt 65 kit. I am running a bumpsteer kit but i need to drop it even more

·
Registered
794 Posts
Awesome build. I'm also interested in the AJE product pics installed & problems b-4 investing in them. Would drop spindles cure some of the 30 degree control arm angle & bump steer issues?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Yes, i believe drop spindles would help. Ive yet to find some sn95 drop spindles that will accommodate my cobra brake though.

·
Registered
639 Posts
What's it weigh nick?

21 - 40 of 85 Posts