Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
460 twin turbo help
1966 mustang 2x4 box chassis 12point cage,big wheeled car,456 gears, the mustang has a stock 1975 460 with a victor intake,ARP main and head studs ,MLS head gaskets,shimmed stock valve springs,and stock cam advanced 8* with twin t1232 turbos with 1.42a/r housings with anti lag valves set to open at 4psi, 50mm gates with 6 lbs springs, 850 quick fuel carb converted to e98 and blow thru. C6 trans with a 3600+ stall and trans break. ?What have people pushed a stock bbf to. And will the cast pistons handle being on the 2step on the line to get it spooled up. We have a msd EGT on each cylinder tube headers what kind if temp should I see. Boost level on good tune. One or two runs all we're asking out of it grudge car we have about 3200 total into hole car.left over parts from other builds, and we have another 460 to put in. I'm normally a chevy guy! I'm trying to post pic's should have it running in a week or two waiting on fuel lines and drive shaft.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did a port match and cleaned up the ports with a die grinder and flapper wheel. I know the heads are bad/terrible, but this is a budget build/was suppose to be a budget.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Do you have any left over valve springs.?..it ain't gonna rpm much past 4.5k with the stockers...ask me how I know.....short block should last a few passes...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shimmed factory spring getting close to coil bind. Looked on eBay for some, nothing for factory install height still running factory rockers and push rods. We don't have much stuff for bbf I'm a bbc guy myself. Had a jet boat few years back with a 460 would spin that to about 5200. The Engine runs good on the stand in n/a but have not ran it boosted yet and we didn't have a tech on it for all I know open header bbf could of been turning 3G and sounds like 7!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
if you dont see it on the web page give them a call they are easy on the pocket

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the help. Ordered the springs today. Any idea on what my egt's should be with cast pistons and e98?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts