Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm buying a dart based 345" short block and I'm looking to upgrade my turbo setup. I've got a stock 302 with a master power t70 now that's been 9.80s @ 138 and I've been very happy with it. The new motor will have afr 205s on it and a hydraulic roller. The car is mostly a street car but I would like to run it in our local 275 class and some street car races. I would like to shoot for mid to high 8s in the 1/4 without pushing it too hard.

So my question is would I be better off adding another t70 or switching to a single like an s480 for my money? I've also considered putting a t4 76 on my current setup.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The rules are pretty open ended. Just tires pretty much. The current hot side would have to be modified for a t6 sized turbo. I'll try to get a picture posted.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is an old picture, but the turbo kit is still the same basically.

Please ignore the hideous wiring rats nest lol. It is no longer there.

1 5/8" headers, 2.5" crossover and a 3" downpipe

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Chris! I'm looking forward to having a little more reliability in my car and hopefully going fast.

Anyone else got an opinion?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It has a .96 on it but I also have a .68 sitting on the shelf. I was thinking the .68 will probably be better in a twin configuration so it spools decent.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
3.27 gear. 275/60/15 dr so 28" Th400 Trans and the converter is a tight art carr. I leave around 3500 rpm with the current setup on the two step. 1.42 60'. The cam is going to be a comp 282hr part # 35-522-8 at first. I know its not very optimal but its all I have to use for the time being.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
the 302 has a custom ground Ed Curtis cam. I don't remember the exact specs but it was something like 228/232 567/576 on a 110 LSA. It was ground for an n/a combination with up to 125 hp of nitrous lol. But I've had it in the car for years and it didn't work out too bad with the turbo. Not bad for a stock short block!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
My current combo is Edelbrock performer heads 1.90 intake valve, Performer RPM intake, FTI cam (not ground for turbo), master power t70, crappy deisgn a2a intercooler, th400, classic fast and its on e85. Its been [email protected] on 18 psi. 1.42 60' on 275/60 hoosier drag radials. Car weighs about 3200 lbs. I've ran it as high as 26 psi on the street a few times, but I've always ran stock head gaskets on it and they just won't hold more than a few passes for me anymore with 20+ psi.

I've split one stock block before, but that was when the car still had factory electronics and a stock fuel system. I think keeping the rpm not much higher than 6k and having a good tune up is really the key to making a stock block live for a little while. This one has been in my car for about 5 years, 100s of passes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.