Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all, I am curious if there are any companies that make a twin screw supercharger that will bolt up to a 6-71 style manifold or an original square bore carb intake? I am looking to feed a 401 nailhead engine that won't see past 6000 rpms at the most. I am looking to make 500whp out of this engine with the supercharger, with some room to grow hopefully. I am wanting to run a square bore carb or square bore fuel injection setup like the F.A.S.T. EZ efi setup. The fuel delivery system would need to be offset due to hood clearance issues more than likely. I plan to run a 2-3" cowl to help with space. A stock intake with carb and air cleaner assembly has only about 1" of room, plus the 2-3" cowl. I am unsure of how much extra room would be gained with a 6-71 manifold. I would plan to run the carb with a remote air filter. Could any of you help direct me to where or who I would need to look/contact? Thank you for your time and assistance.

I have another question as well... I also want to run a water/meth injection plate and nitrous plate under the fuel delivery system. Would running all the fuel/water/nitrous through the supercharger be an overly bad idea? I understand that if it blew it would be a nasty explosion, but would all the fuel/water/nitrous be bad for the rotors? I understand that there would be great cooling effects with them all going through the supercharger, which is why I would risk the massive damage of a backfire.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Check out Whipple superchargers. They have models that bolt directly to a standard roots blower intake and will easily make the power you're looking for. Gdlk

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check out Whipple superchargers. They have models that bolt directly to a standard roots blower intake and will easily make the power you're looking for. Gdlk
I feel so dumb right now... :smt075. I had tried looking the superchargers up separately, but they didn't show mounting style or mention it. I looked at their 'systems' section... first thing I see is for a 6-71 mounting configuration :smt076. I appreciate your time and for replying to a dumb-ass.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts