Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what size waste gates do yall recommend for twin 60mm garrett t-4 rear mount turbos?

Going on a 406 sbc

Would 38mm waste gates be suficient?

Also, If the turbos are mounted higher than the oil do i need a return pump to the pan? (maybe a dumb question)

·
Registered
592 Posts
what size waste gates do yall recommend for twin 60mm garrett t-4 rear mount turbos?

Going on a 406 sbc

Would 38mm waste gates be suficient?

Also, If the turbos are mounted higher than the oil do i need a return pump to the pan? (maybe a dumb question)
I would say yes on the pump... 6' of 5/8 return line at 2-3* slope I dont think would cut it.... Probably two pumps. RB racing is where I got mine. Then there is the turbowerx exapump.... think there is one more that works well too.

How come you are set on twins? My single 76 spools real well, but my goal was only 525rw, I made 537/606 on 9# with a 408, 22* timing. I used a single 60mm JGS gate.

I had heard low boost big gate, high boost small gate. I have had no problems with my single and boost control/surge/ etc.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
38mm gates are fine... you need a pump!! oil will not travel forward, when you are accelerating!!!:cool:

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We will give you a call earl.. I need some pics of your truck!! Hehe

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
look under- post up your turbo engine bay- pages 19 and 20, in this forum, there are a few pics. might help you??:cool:

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
A pair of 38 or 40mm JGS wastegates will work well.
You will need an oil pump to return the oil from the turbos. Dropping the oil from both turbos to a small tank and returning the oil form the tank to the motor.

·
Registered
592 Posts
A pair of 38 or 40mm JGS wastegates will work well.
You will need an oil pump to return the oil from the turbos. Dropping the oil from both turbos to a small tank and returning the oil form the tank to the motor.

I would have been too low on my setup with a vented tank, I wanted to run one too. So what I ended up doing was using a -10 fitting with a 1/8" npt take-off port for say a fuel pressure sender and running a vent up above the turbo. Originally I had it up above the turbo by only 1-2", but the turbulence of oil flow and high impeller speed in boost would throw some out of the vent. I ended up running a line up through the bed in the same hole that my water lines (A-W intercooler) go through to a vent. Has worked great. Great oil flow to the pump, no vac on the center section which also =low load and higher pump speed and not a lick of smoke.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
alright so here is what ive learned so far..

Im gonna need..

2 custom 60mm turbos t-4 flange
2 38mm or bigger wastegates
a2000 fuel pump?
2.5inch exhaust from headers to turbos?
oil pump to return oil to front
carb hat(purchased an EV pro)
blow off valve?
cam? who to use
pistons? can i use off the shelf

for ignition: msd 6530

any help apprecaited along with recommendations. just a turbo newb