Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 769 Posts

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you know I sold the Bullitt to build a new car. Picked up a 2012 V6 that had front end damage. Frame is straight so I didn't worry about it. First plan of attack was take it to my buddy Sam at Stage 3 for new paint and put the Coyote bumpers/grill on. The first picture is what it looked like when I first bought it.

The car will get a built Coyote motor in it. The motor currently in the car is just a core to get everything mocked up. Once everything is finished it will come back out then take the car to get the 25.5 cage done.

It will be powered by twin Precision 72mm turbos, E85, 235# Moran injectors, BS3, Methanol injected, Aeromotive belt drive fuel pump, MMR sheetmetal intake, Mikes powerglide, and built up Moser M9 rear end.

Custom turbo headers I made, all stainless.

Need to clip on the other piece that goes around the grill.

The intake pipe is stuff I had laying around (not permanent), need to order some new tubing for it.

Just started making the downpipes. They are from my old race car, just cut and welded to fit.
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Registered
443 Posts
love it, can't wait to see the end product!

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, hoping to make a pass by March. Curious to see if Ford releases that sportman block.

·
WHO DAT???
15,736 Posts
I applaud your method. I was just thinking about something like this just the other day. Pickup a cheap V6 2010 and up mustang and build a bad ass twin turbo coyote as you are doing or an LS based motor. But I was kinda thinking more of a street car with big brakes and the best suspension parts to make it handle. 1000k hp mustang street driven all while paying V6 insurance.

Bad ass project you have going on and look forward to your progress. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing....

·
Registered
443 Posts
what sorta power level are you chasing? with twin 71's i'd say more than your modular was making :)

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
what sorta power level are you chasing? with twin 71's i'd say more than your modular was making :)
As long as it makes over 500hp and runs low 8's high 7's I will be happy. ;) Trying not to get carried away on this one, would like to take it on local drives. But you know how that goes....

Love this. Cannot wait to see the build and final product. Whose collectors are those? Or did you build them?
All material is from Columbia River Manderal

Bad ass. Are you going to try for 4's?
We will see, car should make more power then the Bullitt but this chassis is a fat pig!

I still think the rear end is missing one upper ear and arm.

1 - 20 of 769 Posts